the summer of 1985 - 010

june 29th, 1985:

his lips were soft, and somewhat sweet.

i still couldn't believe i was making out with the king steve.

he moved his lips to the beat of the quiet radio playing in the back corner.

it was hard to hear over the roaring air conditioning above it.

he pulled me onto his lap, not leaving his lips from mine.

during our working hours, my cousin, robin, would sling ice cream for thirty minutes, while me and steve were in the back room. steve would appreciate every moment he had on break with me.

we'd always kiss, and make out whenever we were alone. as we were doing so, the annoying bell chimed from the front.

"hey dingus and cuz, your children are here!" robin yelled.

steve slid the small doors open, and it revealed mike, max, lucas, and will.

"again? seriously?" steve asked.

mike rang the bell one more time.

i looked at steve, and he rolled his eyes.

we took the kids to the back room, and opened the door, leading to a hallway.

they always sneak into a movie and they always go through there so they don't get caught.

"come on. come on!" steve whispered.

i shoved the kids out quickly.

"i swear if anyone hears about this-" steve started.

"we're dead!" the kids finished.

i chuckled at it.

"you know, i think i'd be a good dad."

"oh please steve, you're the mom." i patted his back, and went back into scoops ahoy.

steve followed me like a toddler.

★。/|\。★
☆。*。☆。

our break time was over, and we had to help robin sling ice cream for the rest of the night.

i was handing someone a cone, went all of the sudden, the power shut off.

the entire mall was dark.

"that's weird." i said.

steve walked over to the light switch and started flicking it on and off.

"that isn't gonna work dingus." robin snarled.

"oh really?" steve flicked the switch even faster.

eventually, the power came back on.

steve turned back to me and robin, with a smirk on his face. "let there be light." steve handed the customer their ice cream.

everything that happened during the days became a routine.

i quit my job at the station.

hopper wasn't very happy about it, but after what happened with el and will and closing the gate, he also decided it was best i got a different job.