the final battle - 017

"what is that?!" erica asked, she almost puked.

"there's something in there." mike said.

"jesus christ!" dustin shouted.

"keep her talking! keep her awake ok?!" jonathan stood up and sprinted to the chinese restaurant.

"stay awake! stay awake el! get her on this side!" mike shouted.

we shifted el to lay comfortably on her back.

without thinking, i started talking. "you know, it's really not that bad!" i started panting. "the goalie on my old soccer team, her name was beth wildfire, someone on the other team slid into her and the whole bone came out of her knee! it was like six inches or something! it was insane!"

steve turned to me. "kat-"

"yea?!"

"you're not helping-"

"i'm sorry!" i kneeled down toward el, and started rubbing her hair, to calm her down.

jonathan came back with a knife and a wooden spoon.

my eyes went wide.

"ok, el, this is is going to hurt like hell ok?!" he was panting as much as i was.

"ok!" el cried.

"just stay really still. here, bite down on this!" jonathan placed the wooden spoon into her mouth.

"jesus christ." dustin turned away.

"holy shit-" i whispered. i placed my forehead on steve's shoulder, so i didn't puke when i saw jonathan cut into el's leg.

"do it!" mike told jonathan.

jonathan started cutting into her leg, and she screamed at the top of her lungs. he stuck his hand in the hole he made, and el screamed even louder.

"jonathan!" nancy shrieked, while grabbing his wrist.

"stop talking!" he grunted. "GODDAMNIT!"

"STOP!" el screamed. "STOP IT! STOP!" she grabbed jonathan's wrist. "I CAN DO IT!" she sat up. "i can do it!"

el used her powers, and the inside of her leg started moving. she screamed so loud, the glass wall behind us shattered. she screamed even more, and managed to pull out the thing that was in her leg. el flung it across the floor.

a foot stepped on the weird, alive, and misshapen creature, and it was none other than hopper, a man i have never seen before, and joyce byers.

★。/|\。★
☆。*。☆。

"the mind flayer, it built this monster in hawkins to stop el. to kill her, and pave a way into our world." mike explained.

all of us were gathered around the non-running fountain.

"and it almost did, that was just one tiny piece of it." max said.

"how big is this thing?" hopper asked.

it was silent for a couple seconds.

"it's big. 30 feet at least." jonathan stuttered.

"yea, it sorta destroyed your cabin." lucas confessed. "sorry." he shrugged.

"ok so, just to be clear, this big fleshy spider thing, that hurt el, is just some giant weapon?" steve asked.