3 years. It had been 3 years since Derek shepherds accident. Since he was hit by a semi. Since his wife, Meredith grey, went missing, leaving Derek to take care of his 2 children alone.

Derek woke up early to his daughters giggles. Zola was now almost 6 years old. He left his bedroom and saw her chasing around Bailey, his almost 5 year old son.

"Hi daddy!" Zola said happily. "Daddy!" Bailey yelled, going to hug him. "Good morning guys." He replied with a grin.

"Do you guys want pancakes?" He asked. The kids eagerly nodded and ran to the kitchen.

Derek smiled. He saw Meredith in their kids so much. Baileys blonde locks, Zola's personality. It all reminded him of her.

As he was making the pancakes, he let himself think.

"Meredith...where's Mer?" Derek cried, laying broken in a hosptial bed. "We don't know, Derek. We haven't seen her in days." Amelia replied.

"I-I need her." He whispered. "Did you...call her?" Derek asked. "We did. We have no idea where she is. All her stuff is at the house, but she's not there." Amelia said, holding her brothers hand.

"You-you need to call the police. She-she wouldn't leave me and the kids." Derek said, tears welling in his eyes, not just from the physical pain, but the emotional pain too.

"We will, Derek. Don't worry." Amelia soothed.

"Daddy! The pancakes are burnin'!" Bailey yelled, snapping Derek out of his thoughts. "Oh no." Derek murmured, flipping them onto a plate and handing them to the kids.

He answered his phone when he got a call And went to his bedroom. "Hey mom." Derek said into the phone.

"Hi. How you doing, honey?" Carolyn Shepherd asked into the phone. "I'm okay." Derek replied with a sigh.

"You holding up okay?" Carolyn asked. "Yeah. It's been 3 years...but I miss her so much. I know she's still out there, mom." He said.

"I think you need to face the truth, Derek." Carolyn said softly.

"Mom, Meredith wouldn't leave. She wouldn't. Our vows say that. I don't know what happened to her, but I won't stop trying and missing her until I figure it out." Derek said sternly.

"Okay." Carolyn sighed. From the minute his sons wife was presumed dead, he had been a different man.

"Dr Shepherd. It's been 6 months now, and we haven't been able to find anything about your wife. I know you don't want to hear this...but there's a good chance she isn't alive." A detective said.

"I hired you! I hired you to find my wife! I won't let you quit. You have to keep looking!" Derek yelled angrily. He was in clear Denial.

"Derek..." Richard said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No! She's not dead." Derek argued. "Maybes she's not, but we haven't found anything. Nothing." The detective said.

"Something happened to her...she didn't leave. I know it." Derek whispered.

"I'm fine, mom. Really. I know she's still alive and fighting to come home. Today's gonna be hard, but I'll get through it. Next week is Zola's party. You're coming, right?" Derek asked, changing the subject.

"I'm coming." Carolyn replied.

•••

Meredith dropped the kids off at daycare on the way while on the way to the hospital Derek was at. The kids shouldn't have to see their father in rough shape.

As she was walking out quickly, a man approached her. "Are you Dr Grey? Please, I need help." The man begged.

"I can't. I gotta go." Meredith said, going quicker to her car. She had to get to Derek. She didn't know his condition or how long she had with him.

"Please." The man pleaded. "No. Go inside." Meredith said sternly. "Guess I'll have to do it the hard way." He mumbled.

The man grabbed Meredith by her waist and yanked her to his van. "You'll shut up or I'll kill you and make sure your husband doesn't make it off that table." He said.

"W-who are you?" Meredith asked, fighting against his grasp. "I work for the government. You're working with me since Derek left." The guy replied.

"Let me go." Meredith cried. "No." He said, his name tag reading the name Jack. Jack pulled a gun out of his pants and put it to her head.

"Derek will not make it off that table. I have inside people. Do not fight me." Jack Warned. Jack forced her into the back of the van.

Meredith didn't know if she would ever see her family again. But she would not stop fighting to see them.

Meredith had her calender marked. 3 years since she was taken against her will. 3 years since the last time she saw her kids. Saw Derek.

Jack brought Meredith to a place in Tacoma. It was abandoned on the outside, but on the inside, it was like a hosptial.

A hospital where illegal surgeries were held. And Meredith was forced to operate on patient she's knew didn't have a chance.

Meredith was hit a lot. She was beaten a lot. She barely ate, and she was treated like shit. Meredith had strict rules she had to follow. She wasn't allowed to speak unless told to.

She wasn't allowed to move without being told to. She was miserable. But the one thing that kept her going was the idea of seeing her kids and husband again some day.

"Grey, you're operating today." Dr Pollock said. "No. I'm not. I'm done." Meredith said, standing up for herself.

"What did you say?" Jack said, coming over and sizing her up. "I said I'm done. Take me home. I'm not operating anymore for this stupid place." She said sternly.

Jack threw a punch on her face and she staggered back. "Keep it coming. I want to see my kids and my husband. Take me home, im no use to you anymore."

"You'll regret this."  Jack said, before everything went black for Meredith.

Hey guys!! New story, I'm excited about this one. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you guys have any ideas feel free to let me know. Let me know if you liked this chapter.