21

"They got our baby back. She's alive." He said, a smile playing on his lips.

"That's not funny. Don't joke about that." Meredith said, her voice shaking. "I'm not joking, Mer. They found our baby." Derek said, tears coming to his eyes.

"W-where is she? We have to go now." Meredith said. "They're bringing her to Seattle Presbyterian to have her checked out. They'll be there soon and we can meet them." Derek replied.

"Call Alex and ask them to watch the kids. We need to go." Meredith said frantically.

About 15 minutes, Alex arrived and shooed them out of the house. He knew how important this was for them, and he would watch the kids any day for them.

Derek drove quickly, slightly over the speed limit. But this was their baby girl. "She's okay, Mer." Derek said, grabbing his wife's hand.

They arrived at the hospital and Meredith crutched in with Derek as fast as she could. "Dr Grey, Dr Shepherd." A man in a FBI uniform said.

"Hi, I'm Agent Daniel Adams. I'm one of the lead agents on your case. Your daughter is just fine, the pediatrician is checking her now." The man said with a kind smile.

"Thank you." Meredith sighed in relief, hugging Derek with one arm. "Thank you so much for finding her." Derek said.

"It's my job. Right this way." Agent Adams said, leading the worried parents to a room. Meredith and Derek stopped in their tracks.

Ellis wasn't a baby anymore. She looked like a normal two year old. Except now, she was crying and scared as the pediatrician was examining her.

"Oh my god." Meredith breathed, tears coming to her eyes. "That's our girl." Derek said, looking at the small, blonde, blue eyed little girl, an exact replica of Meredith.

"Come on in." The doctor said softly. "Ellis, this is your mommy and your daddy." She said to the little girl.

Ellis took over at them hesitantly. Meredith knew Ellis wouldn't remember her having only been with each other for 5 minutes.

Meredith and Derek stepped forward and without hesitation, she scooped up her little girl and held her close. "Hi, baby girl. Mama missed you so much." Meredith whispered, tears spilling down her cheeks.

"Mama?" Ellis asked in the tiniest voice. Derek was watching the interaction, tears pooling in his eyes. "That's right. And this is your daddy." Meredith replied, facing him.

Ellis held out her arms and he held her close. Somehow, the little girl knew not to be scared of them. "Is she...okay? Has she been....is she okay?" Derek asked protectively, already so in love with his 2nd daughter.

"She's okay. I see no signs of physical abuse or sexual abuse. She may be slightly malnourished, but looking at her mother im thinking shes just be petite." The doctor explained.

"Thank god." Meredith breathed, feeling Ellis snuggle into her chest. "You guys are good to go. I believe the FBI is out there with the police chatting, so you should be fine to leave." She said.

"Thank you so much." Derek said genuinely. "My pleasure. I'm glad you found her."

"Ready to go home, Ellie?" Meredith asked. "Home?" Ellis asked. "Home. You're gonna meet your brother and sister. How does that sound?" She asked.

"Bro...sist?" Ellis asked. "Yeah. Daddy's gonna hold you, okay!" Meredith asked. Derek took Ellis into his arms and walked out of the hospital.

•••

Meredith held Ellis on her lap the whole car ride. This was probably so confusing for ber, yet she already seemed happy and content with her parents.

"Ready to see your siblings?" Meredith asked as they pulled into the driveway. "Ya!" Ellis exclaimed. Derek got out of the car and then walked over to the other side of the car.

He helped Ellis out and watched her run up the steps. "She's really Okay. I thought she'd...I thought they did sometning to her." Meredith admitted a side slid out of the car.

"I was worried too. But she's okay. She looks just like you." Derek replied, helping her up the steps. "She's so big." Meredith said.

They opened the door and Ellis requested to be in Derek's arms. "We're home." Derek called. Alex,
Zola, and Bailey all came running over to the door.

"Guys...this is your baby sister, Ellis." Derek announced proudly. "Sister?" Zola asked in curiosity and surprise. "Yeah. I had her when i was....gone....I couldn't take her home with me." Meredith explained.

"Another sister?" Bailey asked with an exaggerated frown. Derek chuckled as he put Ellis down. "Don't worry, bails. You have me." He said, watching as Ellis slowly walked over to the other kids.

"Want to go play Ellis?" Zola asked with a grin. The little girl smiled and walked away with her siblings. "She's finally home." Meredith said before letting out a sob.

"Mer.." Derek trailed off in concern, guiding her down to sit on the couch. "She's finally home. All this time...it's my fault....I've missed her so much." she cried.

"She's home now. And she's safe. And she's alive. None of this was your fault." Derek soothed, tears coming to his own eyes. Finding out you have a daughter you have no idea about is pretty overwhelming.

"It is...zo and Bailey didn't know they had a sister. That's...it's my fault!" Meredith cried. "It's not your fault, Meredith. The important thing now and that our three kids are safe, loved, and they're playing together in the next room. She's okay." Derek said, bugging her close.

They kids all ran back into the room. "Mama!" Ellis squealed. "Im here, Ellie." She said, holding her as Ellis ran into her legs. "I love you all so much." She said.

And finally,

Her family was complete.

Hey guys!!! So this is it. Thank you all so much for reading this story and sticking along with me. I really appreciate all the reviews!! Check out my other stories if you want!! Love you