"We have to do a blood test to make sure she's healthy. Last time we brought in a defective one Jack was furious." A worker, Bryce said.

"Okay. I'll do it." The other, Marcus replied.

"Get up." Marcus said roughly as he went over to Merediths cell. "W-why?" Meredith asked weakly, bruising everywhere on her body.

"Because I said so!" He yelled. Meredith slowly got up with a wince and Marcus grabbed her arm roughly.

Marcus pushed her into a chair and grabbed a syringe. "W-what are you doing?" Meredith asked. She was scared of needles. As a doctor, she could use them, but on herself, she was terrified. Derek was the only one who knew that, and he always knew how to distract her.

"That's not your concern. Stay still." Marcus replied as he brought the needle to her arm. "You need a tourniquet." Meredith said.

Marcus brought his fist to her face and hit her hard. "Shut up!" He yelled. Meredith winced as the needle entered her skin and she saw the blood come into the container.

"Run this to the lab and make it quick." Marcus said to Bryce. Bryce nodded and ran off. "W-why are you doing this to me?" Meredith asked weakly.

"I did not tell you to speak!" Marcus said loudly. Meredith flinched, expecting a hit, and kept her mouth shut.

Minutes later, Bryce came back with some papers. Marcus immediately began looking at them and frowned and pointed it out to Bryce.

"So, you're pregnant?" Marcus asked. "I-I am?" Meredith asked in shock, a hand going to her stomach. "Yeah. Let me go talk to the chief. See what we're going to do with you." Marcus said roughly before he left, Bryce following.

Meredith looked down at her stomach in shock. "We'll be okay, baby. I'll keep you safe." She whispered, hand on her belly.

Meredith snapped her eyes open and struggled for breath. Her baby. She missed her baby more than anything. But after she gave birth, they kept her to use the baby as leverage.

Ellis. She named the baby Ellis for the few minutes she got to hold her. One of the OB surgeons, Riley, who was also forced, let her hold the baby for a little while longer than she should've been allowed.

"Mer? Mer, what's wrong?" Derek asked. Meredith had tears streaming down her face, the start of a panic attack evident.

"I-I.." Meredith sobbed. "I'm gonna get in bed with you, okay?" Derek asked as he slowly climbed behind her. "She-I c-cant." Meredith cried.

Derek wrapped his arms around her and held her close. "You're okay. Just calm down and you can tell me. You're okay." Derek soothed, squeezing her tightly to surround her with his presence.

Meredith eventually calmed down, her breathing returning to normal sobs calmed to sniffles. "That's it. You're okay. Do you want to talk about it?" Derek asked softly to his traumatized wife.

"I...Derek..." Meredith breathed. How would she tell her husband they had another daughter? Would be hate her for not being able to stay with her?

"Mer, whatever it is, we'll take care of it." Derek said. "We....they did a blood test on me when i got there." Meredith started. "And?" He urged lightly.

"I was pregnant." She said, looking out the window. "You...what?" Derek breathed, his mouth open in shock.

"What happened to the baby? Did you lose it?" Derek asked, trying to keep himself calm as to not scare her or do anything to make her stop talking.

"No...." Meredith said, swallowing thickly. "You can tell me. I'm not mad, Mer." He said quietly. "I did give birth. We have a beautiful baby girl, Derek." Meredith said.

"Where is she?" Derek asked. "I- I don't know. Please don't hate me. Once I held her for 5 minutes, they took her away. He said they were keeping her for Leverage on me." She whispered.

"They have our daughter?" Derek asked. Meredith nodded. "Please don't hate me. I-I tried to stay with her but they..." Meredith trailed off, tears welling on her eyes.

"I don't hate you. This is not your fault. I...we're gonna get our girl back. I promise you that. We'll get her." Derek breathed.

"Ellis. I...I named her Ellis." Meredith said. Derek nodded slightly. "We'll get Ellis back. I'll tell the police. Do you...did the birth go okay?" Derek asked.

"I-I had a placental abruption." She replied. "Oh, Mer." Derek said, holding her close. "They stitched you up okay? Gave you drugs and stuff?" He asked protectively.

"They stitched me up, but they didn't give me any pain medication. They didn't want me to OD." Meredith replied. "God damn it!" Derek yelled, making Meredith flinch and jump to the other side of the bed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Mer." Derek said recognizing how much he just scared her. Meredith just sat there, trying to breath.

"It's me, it's me Derek. I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." Derek apologized, feeling guilty. "I-I just n-need  a m-minute." Meredith whispered.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I just...I hate what they did to you. To our family." Derek said, grabbing her hand hesitantly.

"I...shes beautiful, Derek. She was a little underweight since...well, you know...but she was beautiful. She has your eyes. She helped me hang on." Meredith said.

"Oh, Mer." Derek whispered. "We have to get her back. She...she's 2 now. She was born on June 19th." Meredith explained.

"We will get her back. Zo and bailey will be thrilled to have another sibling. And I can't wait to see my baby girl." He replied.

"She wanted her daddy, I know she did. We have to get her back, Derek. I'm so sorry. I didn't know I was pregnant, I-I didn't know. And I tried to leave but I couldn't." Meredith whispered.

"I know. It's not your fault. I promise you, Mer, you'll be perfectly fine, and you, me, bay, zo, and Ellis, we'll all be a family again." Derek said, kissing her cheek.

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you guys have any ideas feel free to let me know. Let me know if you liked this chapter.