Later that day, it was time for Meredith to go outside of the hospital room and have Derek push her around the halls. Bailey was right, it would make leaving the hospital easier, but Meredith was still scared.

"Okay Grey. I've cleared the whole floor up here. Take it at your pace, Alright?" Bailey said as she put a supportive hand on Merediths shoulder. For once, Meredith did not flinch at all.

"Okay." She replied, her good leg tapping on the step of the wheelchair anxiously. "Ready?" Derek asked softly. "Yeah."

Derek pushed her out of the hall and Meredith looked around. "You okay?" He asked as he slowly pushed her through the halls.

"Y-yeah." Meredith answered, tapping the arms of the wheelchair with her good arm. Derek noticed both the leg and arm tapping immediately, and he had a strong feeling she had PTSD and severe anxiety. But thankfully before she was able to go home, she had to get a clear psych evaluation.

"No ones gonna hurt you again, Mer." Derek said. "W-what if t-they come b-b-back?" Meredith asked in a small voice. "They won't, Meredith. The police and the FBI are in Tacoma where you said, and they're investigating the whole area now. And I'm going to keep you safe. Last time I was in a coma and I really had no other choice." Derek said.

"B-but-"

"No buts. I will keep you safe. Alex will keep you safe. You're safe here, I can promise you that. I, nor anybody else is gonna Let anything happen to you." He cut her off, stopping the wheelchair and moving to the front to face her.

"I can't even be in the halls here. How am I gonna go home?" Meredith asked, tears pooling in her eyes. "We'll take it step by step. We can crash here in an on call room first, if you want. The kids and my mom can go somewhere else if you want to go home. Whatever you're comfortable with." Derek replied, wiping her tears away.

"I hate being so scared." She whispered. "That will go away eventually. You'll probably have to go to a therapist, but after what you went through, it's totally okay. How about we go around the hospital, and we can get in bed and watch a movie?" Derek suggested, looking into her teary green eyes.

"Okay." Meredith replied. "Okay." He said with a small grin, going behind her and continued Pushing her around the halls.

•••

They got back and Meredith was already tired just from the anxiousness of going outside of her room 

Derek helped her get into bed and then climbed in beside her. He was hesitant to touch her anywhere, but when Meredith buried closer to him, he wrapped his arms around her.

"When I was there, I always imagined you next to me when I slept. It made it easier." Meredith said out of the blue. "Yeah? I imagined you too. For a while I had a hard time sleeping without you." Derek admitted.

"And I always thought about the kids. I got a piece of paper and kept track of the date so I would remember their birthdays. and then when Ellis was born, I marked her birthday down. Yours too." Meredith replied.

"We celebrated your birthday with your favorite chocolate cake and watched your favorite movie. Zo liked to sleep in your tshirt. Then when the kids went to bed, I did a few shots of tequila." Derek informed.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I missed you all so much." Meredith whispered, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck. "It's not your fault. You know, I never actually thought you were...dead. I knew you were out there." He said.

"I didn't know if I could move on if I was let
Go and you and the kids weren't there anymore." Meredith admitted.

"You're the love of my life. I could never leave you or move on without you." He said, voice full of love and adoration.

"I love you, Derek." Meredith said. "I love you too." He replied, pressing play on the movie.

•••

At home, Carolyn was watching the two kids play right now. She was so proud of her son for creating the family he did. Yet she was heartbroken for him at the same time.

His wife was taken from him, beaten, and almost killed. His baby was taken from him, his baby that he never even got the chance to meet.

She was also heartbroken for her daughter in law. Carolyn barely got to see her, but when she was on that doorstep, she saw her for a moment and it was truly a terrible sight.

Carolyn opened her phone to see a text message from Derek. She opened it and smiled at the picture he took.

Meredith was smiling slightly, her head on his chest, and Derek was holding her with one arm, the other holding the phone.

He sent a text with it that said 'Mama wanted to say Goodnight to the kids and that she loves them.'

"Zola, Bailey, want to come see a picture before bed?" Carolyn called out. The kids came racing over. "Daddy sent this." Carolyn said, showing them the picture.

"Mama!" Bailey exclaimed with a grin. "It says 'mama wanted to say goodnight to the kids and that she loved them." Carolyn read.

"Tell her we love her too!" Zola said happily. "I will. Go get into bed, I'll be up soon." Carolyn said with a smile. The kids nodded and went back upstairs.

Carolyn was sure the kids would be happy when Meredith got home. But her only question was was Meredith ready to come back home?

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. If you guys have any ideas feel free to let me know. Let me know if you liked this chapter.