The next morning, Meredith really had to pee. As she couldn't get out of bed when she was first admitted, they had to put a catheter in, much to her dismay.
Yesterday, Bailey removed that catheter.

Derek decided to spend the night at home with the kids, and while Meredith was glad he was with them, she wondered how she would get anywhere without him telling her she's safe and helping her.

But she really had to freaking pee.

Meredith very slowly swung her legs off of the bed, careful of her bad leg. Thankfully, Callie left the wheelchair next to her bed.

She managed to get herself into the chair, her knee propped up. Meredith began rolling herself to the bathroom. The only reason she actually knew how to use the wheelchair was because as an intern her, George, Alex, izzie, and Cristina all used to race and have competitions in there free time. It's safe to say she won time.

The crutches were leaning on the wall and Meredith painstakingly stood up to grab them. She crutched into the bathroom.

Once she got to the toilet, she held on to the handicap bar and lowered herself done.

She got herself there. Now all she has to do is get herself back.

•••

Derek woke up to his kids being noisy downstairs with his mother. He got up, got himself dressed and ready, and then went downstairs and grabbed himself a cup of coffee in the kitchen before walking into the living room, where the kids and his mother were.

"Daddy!" The kids all shouted happily. "Hey guys. Hi mom." Derek replied with a smile as he sat down. Ext to them. "Can we see mama today?" Bailey asked hopefully.

"Uh, sure. Im going to the hospital in about 30 minutes." Derek replied. "Can we go now daddy?" Zola asked. "We can, but it's still early, Zo. She may be sleeping still." He said.

"We can wait." Zola said definitely. "Okay. Mom, you coming too or no?" Derek asked as he stood up. "No, I'll stay at the house and clean up a bit." Carolyn replied.

"Okay. Call me if you need anything." Derek said as he followed the kids outside and into the car. He made sure they were both strapped in and buckled and left.

Once they got to the hospital, all three of them began to go to Merediths room. "Be quiet, she may be sleeping." Derek warned to the two energetic kids.

He opened the door slightly and frowned when he didn't see her in the bed. "Mer?" Derek called out. "In here." A muffled voice replied from the bathroom.

Meredith opened the door slowly and crutched out. Dereks face stretched into a grin. She was doing it all by her self, and he couldn't be prouder. "Look at you." Derek smiled.

Meredith blushed slightly and noticed the kids standing by him. "Hi guys." She said quietly as she used her crutches to get back in bed.

"Hi mama!" The kids squealed happily as Meredith got settled into bed. "Come here." She said, patting the bed. Derek lifted the kids up into the bed and they immediately smiled.

"What did you guys do with nana?" Meredith asked as she wrapped her good arm around the kids. She wasn't scared around her babies and Derek.

"We played princess tea party!" Zola exclaimed enthusiastically. "And cars!" Bailey added. "That sounds fun!" Meredith grinned.

"When can you come home mama? Nana doesn't know how to play dress up with me." Zola asked. Meredith looked at Derek and back to the kids.

"Soon, Zo. Hopefully in the next week or two." Meredith replied. "Really?" Bailey asked, his eyes lighting up and his smile looking exactly like Derek.

"Really. I may not be able to do much, but I'll be home and with you guys." Meredith said. "Good mama." Zola murmured.

A knock at the door frightened Meredith and she tensed in the bed. "Hey Mer- oh, I see we have a full house up here." Bailey said with a smile as she entered the room.

"Hi auntie Bailey!" Bailey said with a grin. "Hey kiddo. How are you feeling, Grey?" She asked. "O-okay." Meredith shrugged.

"She went to the bathroom by herself." Derek said proudly. "I-I really h-had to pee." Meredith said with a blush. "Nice job. Torres will be glad to hear it. Are you ready to maybe go for a ride outside?" Bailey asked gently.

Meredith looked at her kids swiftly, who weren't paying attention. "D-do I have to?" She asked quietly. "Not now, but it may make it easier for when you leave. You can get used to just being someplace other than this room." Bailey replied.

"Tonight? N-no people?" Meredith asked hesitantly. "Okay. I'll clear out the halls at...6." Bailey gave in. "Thank you."Meredith said. "Well, I'll let you talk to these little rugrats. Also, Alex was talking about seeing you. You up for that?" Bailey asked.

"I-I can. It's just Alex." Meredith responded. "There's the Grey I know. I'll see you around." Bailey grinned before leaving the room.

After a while, Meredith was starting to get tired from the pain medication and closed her eyes, falling asleep.

Derek took the kids and brought them down to the lobby, where his mother was picking them up. "Daddy?" Zola asked. "Yes?" He replied.

"Why's mommy so scared?" She asked innocently. The one time Derek didn't want Zola to be the curious and observative kid.

"Uh, well, mommy just isn't used to all of us around here. She gets a little nervous." Derek replied. "But why? Why does she have all those casts on? Why does she have so many bruises?" Zola pried.

"Zo, your mommy was in a bad place for a while. They scared her. So she just gets a little scared when people she isn't comfortable around Comes in." Derek said.

"Okay daddy." Zola replied.

Derek hoped he would never have to fully explain what happened to Meredith to the kids, but he had a feeling he would have to eventually.