Strange

Previously:
"Percy Jackson," an older lady's voice came from the figure.

"Who are you?" I demanded, hefting Riptide in my hand. I shifted my stance, taking in the fact that she was magical and had no visible weapon. Must use magic as an only weapon thing. I don't know if that said anything about her power or her stupidity.

"I am the Sorcerer Supreme," she answered, lowering her hood, exposing her very bald head. "And I need your help."

"They came just last night and tore a page from this book."

The lady speaking was the same that Thalia and I had encountered on the shores of Long Island. She had led the way through a monastery type looking building. We'd stopped at a table in their library with a single book on it. Said book was open to the torn pages.

"A ritual to reach a danger called Dormammu, who promises eternal life for servitude." She continued. "It tampers with natural law and gives one power that does not belong to one person alone. Performing this ritual will cause you to draw power from the Dark Dimension."

"I'm guessing this is bad?" Thalia looked from the book to the lady in yellow.

"Dormammu resides in the Dark Dimension and strives to conquer all worlds and pull them into his." I spoke up now. "A world beyond time. The gods have entrusted the guardianship of the Earth from other dimensional and mystical threats to the watchful eye of the Sorcerers. Starting with some guy named Agamotto. He built sanctums in Hong Kong, London and New York to generate a protective shield around our world."

Thalia gave me a weirded out look.

"What?" I asked. "I pay attention to Athena when she's explaining things...sometimes."

"Mr Jackson is correct." The yellow lady (also known as the Sorcerer Supreme) said. "Kaecilius plans to enact this ritual and draw Dormammu here."

"Right. Bad. What do you want us for?" Thalia asked.

"I know there isn't much you can do to track magic with your system but I'd like for you to be on call here in the event they try to take down the Sanctums."

Thalia eyed me uncertainly. "I don't know, we have our own missions to focus on."

"Speak for yourself," I scoffed. I tugged at my jacket. "I only need to make sure Chiron knows who to let Logan and Peter go home with and I can do this."

"Who's she going with?" Thalia challenged. "Leo and Nico are both tied up and so are the other members of the Avengers."

"I think Aphrodite had a scheduled week with her," I said, scratching the back of my head. "Said something about a field trip to Wakanda."

"The African country that had tech advancements that somehow went completely under our radar?" Thalia asked. She was giving me a look that said she thought I was an idiot. "You sure we want her learning from them? The amount of times she purposefully disappears is nerve wracking enough without her learning more ways to do it."

"They weren't completely under the radar," I protested. "You really think Hermes had no clue about them? Dove said she saw a lot of similarities between Logan and the princess. She's taking Peter too. It would be good for her to have others her age that are as advanced in the tech stuff as she is."

"If Logan comes back with cat powers, I'm blaming you." Ignoring my affronted look and turning to the yellow lady, she continued. "Well, my cousin seems to have this well at hand, will you kindly open a portal back to camp so I can inform Logan and Chiron of this new development?"