Winter Soldier

Previously:
"What now Perce?" Ares asked, following Aphrodite and me into my office. Hephaestus came not too far behind.

"Aphrodite and I go on a date," I answered, going to my closet to get civilian clothes.

"That's not what I mean, dude and you know it," he sighed, dropping into my swivel chair.

"Is Hydra really going to attack now, do you think?" Hephaestus asked as I grabbed a blue hoodie and black T-shirt.

"Why not?" I asked. "It's the perfect time while we are all recovering form the attack from the aliens. You got the spear, right? Ares get out of my chair."

"Yeah, don't worry, it's safe locked away in my workshop. I'm going to figure out how to power it down so that thing with Loki does not happen again," Hephaestus said as Ares leapt out of my seat.

"Good, is Apollo ready to be on stand by if what I think is going to happen really happens?"

"Yep and Nico wants to do the thing," Aphrodite answered this time.

I froze as I pulled my Nikes out of my closet. "Is the thing you're talking about the thing I'm thinking about?" I asked, eyeing her carefully.

"Yes," she answered, smiling in amusement.

Several months after the Battle of New York

My day started out great. Besides the fact that Nico- or Coulson- is having problems with his team. They're starting to not trust him. Except for the son of Hephaestus and daughter of Ares I had him recruit. Turns out Clarisse can be quite intimidating as well as up-in-your-face-intimidating.

Today I was spending time with my girlfriend in my office when Steve Rogers came in complaining about how his mission went. So what if everything didn't go as planned and you and a bunch of other people almost died? At least you all made it out...you know, alive.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" He didn't even blink at the fact that Aphrodite was leaning onto me. I'd been in my office at the Triskelion for a while now and it is about time he came to bug me.

"What ever it was, I didn't lie," I said, looking up from my work. My lips twitched. "I'm a spy and I never lie."

"Percy," Aphrodite scolded, nudging me in my ribs none too gently.

"Sorry," I muttered. "Bad time."

"Natasha jeopardized the mission with the little side mission you had her on," Steve reminded me.

"Right," I said, getting serious, "well, Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours."

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share," now Steve was standing above my desk, looking pretty angry.

"I'm not obliged to do anything," I said, looking back at the papers I had no interest in doing. Still, I knew I couldn't pawn this off to Ares and Hephaestus this time. This needed my personal attention. It had something to do with the Playground.

"Those hostages could have died, Perce," Steve said.

"You don't think I know that?" I said, looking back up at him. "It's why I sent you, the greatest soldier in history, to make sure that didn't happen."

"Soldiers trust each other. That's what makes it an army," he said firmly. "Not a bunch of guys running around shooting guns."

That's with the exception of Nico's team. 'A bunch of guys running around shooting guns' pretty much sums up how they work.