Avengers Assemble

Previously:
"W-what makes you say that?" The goddess stuttered.

"You had Ares stay behind and he called you in," I started, "we spent the entire day together, which was longer than what I needed to recuperate from so much time in the office."

"You-I-I just..." Aphrodite sat up in her fluster. She groaned and put her head in her hands.

I wan't fast enough to catch the small chuckle that escaped my lips. "Aphrodite," I said, quickly so she would not think I was laughing at her. "Aphrodite, look at me."

She peaked over her shoulder at me, her face red with embarrassment.

"I had fun and I think we should do it again, but this time," I smirked, "I take you out. Deal?"

A relieved smile graced her lips. "Deal."

After our real date, for which I took Aphrodite to Venice because Paris was already done. Besides, that place had memories of her and I preferred to forget about the time I had with the lying traitor. And of course what is a date with a demigod without some sort of attack? So, yeah. We actually had fun with that and I got to try out some of the new gadgets Hephaestus and Tony camp up with.

Anyways, after our date, I had to get back to work because of some problem that sprung up because of SHEILD being created. It seemed we have our arch nemesis. HYDRA.

A few months after our date, Tony went all suicidal which forced me to make a house call. Now, let me tell you, Nick Fury does not make house calls very often but Tony was going crazy. More so than usual.

He had thrown himself a birthday party that ended up with Rhodes (one of his friends he had made) taking one of his suits. After which I made said house call.

Except it was at a doughnut store. Tony, being Tony, was sitting in the giant doughnut in his Iron Man suit just eating doughnuts.

We went back to his house after Natasha no I knocked some sense into him. Figuratively of course.

"Tony, you need to stop this," I said, "the things you can do can help fix the problems you have and fix your heart." A few years ago, Tony had been a part of a kidnapping by some people who wanted his products. Normally that would not be much of a problem and the kidnapping would have been an extreme thing but they wanted his weapon products. One of his missiles had blown up right next to him and that had resulted in a piece of metal traveling towards his heart in his chest.

"Like what?" Tony asked bitterly. "Not even ambrosia and nectar is helping."

I looked at Tony over the rim of my glass. "Tony, your 'father' had been working on something before he died," I told him. "A new element. The research he did suggests that it would help. We need you Stark, the problems in our world is not just our parents anymore."

Tony snorted. "Tell me about it," he said.

"Maybe later," I said as I glanced down at my watch. "Right now I got to go. I've got a date with Aphrodite at two."

"Wait, what?" Tony asked, so shocked he did not know what to say.

"Okay, you're good right? You got this? Right?" I said as I pointed to a chest two SHEILD agents brought in. "Right? Yeah."

"Got what?" Tony asked, standing up. It was so fun confusing him since he did it to me so often. "I don't even know what I'm suppose to get."

"Natasha will remain at Stark and you remember Coulson right?" I said, completely ignoring him.

"Yeah," Tony said as if that should have been obvious.

"Oh, and Tony," I added. I just could not resist. "Remember, I got my eye on you." He did not laugh like I hoped he would but oh, well.

Back at the base, I got Coulson giving me a report on the hammer in New Mexico. It seems the gods "forgot" to tell us about the other pantheons. Besides Ancient Egyptian, there is apparently a Norse one as well. We got the opportunity (or Coulson did) of meeting Thor, son of Odin.

I sent Coulson because he's better at being the cold hearted agent than I am. Barton went with him as back up and long range cover.

We were in the Olympian throne room now, Coulson, Stark and Barton were behind me, listening and probably cringing at my choice of words.

"Percy," my father interrupted my angry rant. "Is there a point for this?"

I frowned in confusion. "Did you not hear?" I asked, "Coulson and Barton met Thor, son of Odin from Asgard and someone did not tell us about them."

Zeus and the rest of the council froze when they heard this. My father turned to Zeus. "I thought some one told him?" he said nervously.

"Me?" Zeus protested. "It was Dionysus' turn for bomb dropping!"

Poseidon turned to Dionysus, who was only paying attention when his name was called.

I rolled my eyes, if they did not stop now, they would all be blaming each other. "Enough!" I said, "I'm done being mad now, so can we get to the part where you tell us what else you conveniently forgot to mention?"

So they told us about Loki and Asgard and a guy named Bruce Banner who can turn into a raging green monster. They also told us about a super soldier that made Coulson jump in excitement. That scared me.

"You mean Captain America?" He asked enthusiastically, sounding like his old self from before Bianca died. "The guy that helped win WWII and disappeared just after?"

I looked at him with a strange look. I have never seen the son of Hades this enthusiastic since his mythomagic days.

"His soul is not even in the Underworld," he continued. "I know, I've checked."

Zeus gave Hades a look.

"What?" Hades said, "It's not like any of our security is demigod-proof, not to mention one-of-your-own-kids-proof."

"Touché."

-            -            -            -        -

Coulson and I personally went to get Cap out of the ice block he found himself in and thaw him. He nearly squealed when he saw the shield. (Don't tell him I said that). Some time later, a glowing cube I think came from the Asguardian pantheon, in one of our top secret facilities malfunctioned and it blew up. We were forced to evacuate and a guy with a scepter with a weird glowing blue stone got away with Barton and Selvig some mind control.

"Agent Hill," I called, walking down to the bridge, "get Agent Coulson. It is time for Operation Avengers Initiative to commence."

"Yes, sir," Agent Hill said, putting a hand to her com set.

"And tell him I will get the Cap and Stark," I continued. He had yet to meet him and I did not want an over enthusiastic fanboy to overwhelm the old soldier.