Good Cop, Bad Cop

Previously:
"Percy?" Tyson sleepily mumbled as my powers touched him. He could feel the water doing something irregular.

My breath hitched. I haven't heard him speak in person since before he left for Dad's place. "Tyson," I muttered, still in my Fury form.

"Who are you?" My brother demanded, to recognizing my voice.

"Tyson it's me," I said, pulling off my patch. "It's Percy."

"Percy, are you okay?" Tyson asked immediately. "Did you have a dream?"

Typical Tyson. He was one of the only ones who could always tell. The others being my Dad, Triton, Frank, Nico, Leo, Reyna and of course Natasha. But Tyson was the best at it. Any time I tried to change the subject, he would always just stare at me until I talked about it.

It's nice to see he's still got it.

"Yeah," I sighed, moving over to lay against his cell door. "It was that day I left," I ran my hand through my hair in a tired way, "except it was with everybody, not just the campers."

"Is this the first time?" Tyson questioned, putting a large hand on his door.

"Yeah-well, no," I answered. "I've dreamt of that day plenty of times but this is the first time everyone was there. And the fist time I started fading."

"Fading?" Tyson's voice cracked and his whisper rose in pitch.

"Aphrodite says my fatal flaw is more dangerous to me than anybody else," I told him. "I guess yours too since I know we have the same one."

"Why were you fading?" Tyson demanded. I felt his eyes search my face desperately.

I looked down at my lap, refusing to meet his eyes. "Our loyalty to the ones we love and their's to us is what keeps us alive," I answered. "At least mentally and soul wise. If those ties are broken, well...you stop having a purpose and therefore, cease to exist."

Tyson was quiet, taking it all in. "Percy-" he sounded like he was on the verge of crying.

"That's why you need to be careful of your friends and make sure you understand the context of any conversation you happen to hear," I told him earnestly and the last part a little dryly. "Nearly got me when I heard the gods talking about Bryce and how to get rid of him. I thought they were talking about me."

Tyson's breath hitched and he held back a sob. "I'm glad y-you're okay, brother."

I smiled wryly. "Me too." What I didn't tell him is that someone seemed to be trying to get me to fade forcefully. Something I didn't think possible.

The sound of the doors hissing open and the light flooding in caught our attention.

"Percy, are you in here?" a voice asked form the door way.

"Yeah, Triton," I answered wearily. "Right here."

"Thank the Fates," Triton sighed as he came to join me. "Hestia told me what happened. Are you okay?"

"Triton?" Tyson asked from inside his cell.

"Hey, Tyson, how are you doing?" Triton asked, momentarily distracted.

"You knew Percy was here this whole time?" Was all Tyson said, the hurt in his voice all to evident.

"I'm so sorry, Tyson, I asked him and the gods not to tell anyone," I said in a pleading voice before Triton could say anything. "I did not want you or Grover caught up in my problems. I don't know what I'd do if they caught you with me."