c23: selfishing

❝You rarely win,
but sometimes you do.❞

23

SELFISHING
自己中

SELFISHING自己中

. . . 

I welcomed the following morning with Blake’s arm around my waist in bed.

Even though I was awake, I didn’t want to open my eyes and face the world yet. My mind was telling me I made a huge mistake that I had to think of a solution for quickly, but my heart told me it would be okay, and nothing was harming me at that moment.

He whispered promises to my ear that assured me to sleep. I was like a child, needing to be promised a better tomorrow to forget their bad day. Nonetheless, he was there for me, and I didn’t want anything more.

It seemed he was awake long before me. His grab on my waist tightened when I moved slightly to fix my pillow. During such moments, I felt guilty towards his real girlfriend… but I was also selfish. I wanted to be selfish. I wanted to be the girl. I had a bit of my consciousness hurting, but I was trying to kill it down. He told me he would tell her the truth and leave her.

I deserved happiness too, didn’t I?

I was pleased and didn’t want to ruin that for myself. I believed I deserved a smile on my face after all I’ve gone through. I’d always been one to give and sacrifice, but in that situation, as unethical as it might have seemed, I wanted to throw everything behind and make myself happy for at least some time with a man who treated me well.

I span around to face the guy. His eyelids were still closed, sunrays falling on his pale face and casting shadows of his eyelashes. His shiny black curls were hiding a bit of his forehead, and his plump lips had a small gap in between. Could that man be really mine? Did I deserve him, or better or less?

No, he isn’t yours yet, a voice inside told me. I wasn’t the real girlfriend. Yes, he treated me like one and made it seem as though I was his, but in reality, I was merely someone he met in a café and got attached to…

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat to stop myself from breaking down again. He was going to break up. He was there beside me, and that was all I should have cared for. I dealt with myself I would be selfish, right? I should enjoy the moment.

“Morning,” his raspy voice startled me.

He lazily opened his eyes with a faint smile. I smiled back, finally succeeding in burying my consciousness in a distant place.

I was the one he wanted. I was the better girl. If not, why was he choosing me and deceiving his girl for me?

I scooted closer, burying my head in his chest. “Morning.”

I didn’t want anything more than his embrace that morning. The way he touched my skin and made it heat up raised questions of sanity within me. How could I be so into someone?

Because you’re not used to be treated well, the voice told me once again, and I hated it because it was true. I couldn’t care less, though —it could also get lost with my consciousness.

. . .

not sure who i update for anymore :') please vote to prove your presence ✌

this chap probs need an upgrade. i will enhance it when i get better inspo, but for now, the story goes.

i will write a bonus chap for blake pov and place it a little back in the story. there are about 8 chapters left. what do you expect? will they stay together?

check out my new book the Aristocrat's daughter 🙌

vote, comment and share xo