The Unexpected (Minho x Reader)

I wake in a dark space, feeling a rushing air hit me as the strange place moves upward. Jolts keep happening every so often, scaring me every time.

After about 30 minutes, it comes to a stop. I wince in the corner, scared.

"Why can't I remember my name" I say aloud to myself, half expecting someone to respond.

"Snort" something came from in front of me, startling me. All of a sudden, light shines from above. I hiss to the sight of the brightness, not used to it.
"It'a a girl." a guy said. He had an English accent and was kinda cute!
I sat in the corner, curled into a ball, scared seeing all faces and no girls among them.
"Am I the only girl here?" I question without hesitation. The boy smiles and said, "I will tell you everything but we need to get you out of here greenie." He reaches his hand out for me to grab and waited for me to take it. I stand up and take his hand.
"Someone get them a rope! Slintheads!" This guy was taller than most, with really weird looking eyebrows. I chuckle at him, hoping he doesn't notice.

As I get up, many hands reach out to help me out.

"Again, am I the only girl here?" I ask harshly, this time demanding an answer. "Yes, you are, ya shank" the weird eyebrow guy said, answering me with a mean tone.
"And you are?" I ask, approaching him.

"Gally, what's yours greenie? Do you remember?"
"Y/N, I'm Y/N" I say with a smile.

"C'mon greenie, let's get you cleaned up and get you something to eat. You look hungry." a tall dark-skinned boy said to me. I don't move an inch
"Name's Alby." he added and motioned for me to follow him.

...

It was almost night and everyone was gathered around the giant fire pit in the middle of the place. There were massive walls blocking off the rest off the world.
The English boy came up behind me, spooking me. "Hey newbie." he said softly. "I didn't get to introduce myself properly. Name's Newt." he said, smiling from ear to ear.

"C'mon we are going to get the bonfire set soon."
"Bonfire?" I question "What do you mean bonfire?"
"Wow, greenie, calm down." he chuckles "It's how we celebrate the newbies when they come up in the Box. Tonight, that's you." He pats my back as we walk to the fire pit.

After about 1 1/2 hours of laughter and fun, it was time for the play fight ring to start. Everyone gets around a circle and Gally gets up and starts talking about the rules of the game. "Newt." I say, nudging his shoulder.

"What?" he says a little harshly, looking at me sharply.
"Jeez, I didn't mean to upset you," I roll my eyes at him "I am just heading to bed."
Before he could answer me, I get up and almost stumble.
I think I had to much of Gally's moonshine but I stumble my way to the homestead and pass out on the floor before I even hit the hammocks.

The night blew by without me even realising it was morning, I wasn't on the floor anymore. I was in a bed, covered in blankets. I quickly get up, scared and breathing heavily.

"Wow greenie, calm the shuck down." a boy I haven't seen before said.

"Where am I?" I asked, getting out of the bed in a hurry. "My room. Keepers get their own rooms." he explained, getting ready for the day.

"What's your name?" I asked calming down a little.

"Minho." The Asian boy said, smiling at me from ear to ear.

"Oh, nice to meet you! Where are you going so early?" I question him.

"Running the Maze." he replies with a not so hopeful expression on his face. I give a little smile and walk outside, the cool air hitting my face.

"Oh, morning greenie! How'd you sleep last night?" Newt asked, walking up to greet me. "Good, Minho brought me to his room so no one tumbled over me." I reply with a little chuckle.
"Good old Minho. I tell ya, he will do that but don't worry about him. He is never around much." He throws his arm over my shoulder as if we are already buddies.

"Newt, can I ask you a question?" I ask as we walk towards the kitchen where Frypan is cooking.

"Anything what's up?"

"What do runners do? I ask, looking at the Maze. He hesitates before answering me.

"They run around the Maze looking for a way out. They haven't been having much luck with it, however." He replies solemnly.

"I'm sorry." That's all I say before walking faster to the kitchen without him.

... (Skipping 3 weeks)

"Y/N!" someone screams from behind me. I whip around, hair flying from behind me.

"Yeah?" I say, confused and slightly scared. Newts laughs.

"It's ok greenie." I settle down and let him finish. "It's time for dinner." I nod as we walk off to dinner.

As we started eating dinner, Minho walked in and ate with Newt and I.

"Hi Minho!" I say a little loud. He just grumbles and continues eating.

"I'm going to get showered and get ready for bed night guys." Newt says, side hugging me. "Night." I say, a little sad but mange to smile a bit.

"Y/N." Minho says from behind running to catch up.

"What do you want?" I say, a little harshly, upset about earlier.

He keeps walking closer to me until we are a centimetre apart. I feel my breathing getting heavier and my heart rate getting faster.

"What are you doing?" He smiles and our lips crash together. After a few seconds, we pull apart.

"I love you, y/n."