Why her? -Thomas

We were sitting at the table waiting for breakfast before we went to school when Thomas came and sat down beside me. I have liked him since we were 4 now we are 13 and I still haven't told him how I feel.

"Hey Thomas!!!" I said over excited to see him.

"Hm" is all I get from him. I didn't bother I knew he was in a mood.

After what felt like years had gone by Thomas said something that just broke my heart.

"Has anyone seen Teresa? She left and I haven't seen her since 2"

I sat there trying so hard to keep myself together there was no point. I bolted straight for Ava, she was my comfort closest thing to a mother.

"A-Ava" I cried as I ran into her arms.

"Yes" she spoke so calmly.

I told her the whole thing that happened with Thomas.
I told her because she knows that I like him.

"Listen, the worst thing that will ever happen is he doesn't like you back, but can I tell you a secret?" Ava asked me super close to my ear.

"Yeah" I said intrigued.

"A little someone has a crush on you"

"Who, who?" I basically beg at her feet to tell me.

"Minho"

"No way"

"Yes way" she said with a smile.

After I calmed down I walked to class and Ava told Janson what happened and let me slide from the homework.

I kept catching glances from Minho now the Ava told me I am more aware.

I was in the back of the room and Thomas was in the front he found Teresa. They kept whispering things back to each other.

After school was finished I went up to Thomas and asked.

"Why her?" I was on the edge of tears.

"Because she isn't annoying" he blurted out. I was done, I stood there not doing anything just standing there. I felt a mixture of emotions rolling through me, happiness, anger, sadness, frustration, confusion, and most of all revenge.