CHAPTER 9: "THE MAN IN THE GAS MASK"

SEPTEMBER 28, 1998

SEPTEMBER 28, 1998

12:05AM

RACCOON CITY HALL

Ellaine, Tanya and Jake, reached the crash site in the Raccoon City Hall. They felt very devastated of what had happened. "WHAT DO WE DO NOW?" Tanya said in fear and confusion. "We have to find another way!" Elly said very determined. "We are not going to give up" she continued. "I agree, but it's  just that, seems to me they are not letting us out of here" Jake said to her. "And who do you think are they?" she asks. "You know who, Umbrella, they want us to be one of their collateral damage perhaps" Jake answered. "FUCK THEM! We are not gonna die in here if that what's they wanted" Ellaine said. "Ellaine! Your here!" Rupert said, running towards them. "Rupert? thank God your safe, we are the others?" she asks. "We are here, safe and sound but our escape route didn't make it" Carter replied to her. "We have to find another way, there must be, how about the Raccoon City bridge?" Ellaine asks them. "It was closed and the gates are sealed, a few hours ago, before this is all started" Carter replied. "Well, there are a lot of ways, right? not just by flight, we have to find a new route, how about by boats or ships?" Rupert added. "We can't be sure about that, or any other means of transportation" Carter told him. "We can't be stuck in here, just like this!" Jake said.  "I am surprise you are all alive!" someone said to to them and then they all look up at the top of the collapse statue from the clock tower stood a person all in black and wore a gas mask, and it's eyes are glowing.

  "I am surprise you are all alive!" someone said to to them and then they all look up at the top of the collapse statue from the clock tower stood a person all in black and wore a gas mask, and it's eyes are glowing

"And who the fuck are you?!" Carter asks. "Let's just say, I am your only hope, for your escape in this God forsaken place" the man in the gas mask replied. "And you want us to believe that? we might not know, you are working for Umbrella, and this is one of Umbrella's trick!" Ellaine said. "You might not believe me, but we all know here that TIME IS RUNNING OUT! Am I right?" it replied to Ellaine. "Okay, granting you can offer us help, what do you want?" Jake asks. "I wanted to make a proposal" the man replied in it's husky and electronic voice. "What kind of proposal?" Jake asks again. "I want something, that those two, have, and they are very familiar of it" the man said and points at Morgan and Gwen. "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Gwen ask him. "You know what I mean, THE SCORPIO PROJECT! I want it!" the man said to her. "No! your crazy!" Morgan said to him. "What do you want with it?" Gwen asks. "It's just my simple reward given to me by Umbrella and it's you people, who has it, so I am asking it, in exchange for your means of escape" he replied. "No way, we couldn't agree to that, and we don't have it!" Morgan told the man in the gas mask. "Well, if that so, then you will all DIE IN HERE, I am giving you a chance here, or you'll be willing to accept your death?" the man said.  "Okay then we agree!" Jake said suddenly. "WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?" Morgan told Jake. "There is no other way, we have to risk this one!" Jake said to him. "But we would never...." "It's okay Morgan, he's right we don't have a chance" Gwen said to him. "So, we have a deal, then when you have Scorpio project, bring it to me. meet at the HIVE... and in the mean while so that Umbrella might not suspect about this, we will have to play a short game" the man said to them and all of a sudden a monster jump of from the Clock Tower and landed in front of them. "Meet Nemesis in his mutated formed!" the man told them. 

"Oh no this is not good!" Ellaine said in fear

"Oh no this is not good!" Ellaine said in fear. "Have fun, and I'll be seeing you again!" the man in the gas mask told them and then it disappeared quickly like lightning. "What do we do now?" Gwen asks them. "You all have to go inside, I'll take of this monster!" Ellaine replied. "What? No Elly, you can't do this!" Tanya disagreed. "Listen it want STARS alright, I am the one it wants" she said to her. "Hey, I'm a STARS to!" Rupert said to Ellaine, "I'm fighting!" Rupert said. "You both can't just handle it" Jake told them. "Yes we can, Jake, please go inside to the City Hall with them, go with Carter, we will be with you when we are done with this creep!" Ellaine told him. "Okay then, don't you both die on us!" he told them. "Don't worry bro we wont!" Rupert replied confidently. "Come on inside the City hall!" Carter said to them, and the rest of them went running going inside the city hall. "Are you ready partner?" Ellaine ask Rupert. "Ready as you are Elly!" He replied and then Nemesis growled so loud like it is very eager to kill them.

Nemesis rush towards Ellaine, but she was fast enough to dodge underneath the monster and shoots the monster's belly. Nemesis growled and will attack Ellaine again, but Billy fired his gun hitting the monster's back, and it's head. "Damn it's getting tougher!" He said, and then the monster came running to him and hit Rupert with it's huge arm and he was thrown on a dismantled car and he groans in pain. "Rupert! come and get me you monster!" Ellaine shouted at Nemesis. All of a sudden as the monster came running for Ellaine, Jake suddenly showed up and used a shot gun, hitting the monster head, the monster growled and was really mad. "Ellaine, only three ammo left, don't miss it!" Jake said to her, and throw her the granande launcer. "Don't worry I won't!" she replied. "Hey Nemesis, you want more STARS, come and get it!" she shouted at Nemesis then the  monster made another loud growl and was going to her. "Yes that's it come to me you ugly piece if shit!" she said and then when Nemesis was neared to her, she shoot the monster with the grenade launcher and hits the monster head, and she shoots again and it hits the monster chest, then Nemesis cried out a loud growl, and then it fell on the ground. "Rest in peace you freak!" she said in relief. "I told to stay inside with them?" she told Jake. "Nah, and missed the fun, I wouldn't want to" he replied, and then she heard Rupert coughing and was about to stand from the ground. "Rupert, are you okay?" she asks helping her friend to stand up. "Yeah, sort of, man that Nemesis is quiet strong" Rupert said. And then a tentacle came out from Nemesis arms, and swirled around Rupert's legs, like it was alive. "Ahhh!" Rupert shouted. "Take it off!" he said strangling. "Hold still!" Ellaine said and take it a knife and hurriedly cut off the monster tentacles, but she wasn't able to see that the there was another tentacle, came out from the other hand of Nemesis, and it stabbed on the shoulder of Ellaine, like it was injecting something to her, and then the tentacles, retreated and dies out all of a sudden. Ellaine shrieks in pain after what had happened to her and she felt down but Rupert was able to catched her. "Ellaine are you alright?" he asks. "What happened to her?" Jake asks as he run towards them. "I don't know she just lost her consciousness when the monster suddenly attacked her" Rupert replied. "Ellaine, wake up, do you hear me? Ellaine?" Jake shake her up and then she replied, "It's cold, very cold" she said and the she closes her eyes. "Oh no, what's happening to her" Rupert said very worried. "Come on let's take him inside where it's safe" Jake told him and then they carry Ellaine going inside the City Hall.

TO BE CONTINUED...