CHAPTER 7 :GRAVE DIGGER

SEPTEMBER 28, 1998

SEPTEMBER 28, 1998

11:05PM

ST. RAVEN'S CHURCH

Ellaine is walking back and forth near the windows of the church and constantly looking outside. "Are you okay Elly? You need to relax" Rupert said to her. "It's almost 12 and she's not here" Ellaine replied. "You're still waiting for your sister, you never lost hope" Gwen told her. "No, I will never lost any pieces of hope now, I know she could make it, we will both gonna get out of here, all of us" Elliane said. "Ark and Carter are still surveying our parameters it seems that the undead are increasing in numbers outside" Morgan said as he came in. "I hope this rescue thing is true and that we can get out of here" Gwen said. "But we might not able to see the aftermath for all of these, I mean you know Umbrella can surely push further, this is not just Raccoon City who are at stake here" Rupert suddenly said. "The whole world, Umbrella is unstoppable" Gwen replied to him. "No, they are not someone has to put an end for all their wrong doing" Ellaine said. "And who would that be, Us?" Morgan asks her. "I don't know, there must be someone, this things must not go any further" Ellaine said and they all kept quiet when they heard something. "Did you hear that?" Gwen said to them. "It seems like we are not the only one who are hiding here" Rupert said. "There must be some people above this chapel, or somewhere, there must be some rooms in here where people can hide" Ellaine said. "How about let's go check it out" Morgan said. "I think that's not a good idea" Gwen disagreed. "Come on Gwen they might need a help" Morgan said to her. "You know what will happen after that, we cannot be screwed not now, we are getting fewer each hours" Gwen said to him. "However he's right Gwen someone might need help, I'll go check it, Rupert can stay here for you guys" Ellaine said to them. "No, I'll go with you in case you might need some assistance" Morgan said to Ellaine. "Are you sure about this?" Rupert asks Elliane. "Yeah, don't worry just keep an eye on the entrance" Ellaine answered. "Be careful both of you" Gwen told them and Ellaine smiled at her and then they went away to check the place out.

"Hurry up Tanya" Jake said to her as they were running once again in the streets of Raccoon City. "We are almost there, we are near at the clock tower" Jake continued. "Jake wait a minute there are more of them now" Tanya said to him as she saw lots of undead walking in the streets. "We can pass through them Tanya" he said to her. "Yes, I know but I need to rest, I can't keep on running like this" Tanya complained. "Okay then, we'll find a place where we can hide and rest, and there it is at that church not far from here" Jake said pointing at the church. "Good idea, let's go" Tanya said to him and they run going towards the church.

Ellaine and Morgan go further inside the church and they saw a stairs that seems to lead a room below the church. "Well to tell you frankly I don't know if we really heard something" Morgan said to her. "I'm sure we did it sounded like someone is inside here, we are not alone" Ellaine replied. "And I just hope is not one of the undead" Morgan said and Ellaine looked at her not very please. "Sorry about that it's just my point of view" Morgan said to her. They took stairs and they really did saw a small room. "See, there must be hiding inside that room" Ellaine told him. "Oh yeah we can't be so certain" Morgan replied. Ellaine took out her gun as she was about open the door. "Why are you holding your gun?" Morgan asks very worried. "Like you said we can't be so certain" Ellaine answered. She slowly opens the door and saw a girl tied up in a chair. Ellaine was about to approach the girl but she was shocked as she saw the girl was infected she's one of the undead. She has blood all over her mouth and the pupils in her gray eyes were dilated, but she looked at Ellaine very agitated, like it saw a food in front of her. "She's infected shoot her" Morgan told Ellaine. "No! wait!" a guy in a white coat with gray hair suddenly comes out from the corner. "Who the hell are you?" Ellaine said sturtled by the man. "She's my daughter please don't hurt her" The man begged. "Doctor Hollend?" Morgan asks him. "You knew him?" Ellaine asks. "Yes he's one of Umbrella's researchers" he replied. "That's right, we found a place to hide her but I didn't make it, my daughter was bitten by those things, she has turned so I tied her up" Hollend replied. "Have you tried the anti-virus?" Morgan asks. "Yes but I guess it's too late it never worked for her" He replied. "Wait, there's an antivirus for this?" Ellen surprisingly asks. "Yes, but it's not guarantee that it will work" Morgan replied. "My daughter didn't make it on time" Hollend said. "We have to kill her now, before she could hurt someone" Ellen told Hollend. "NO! I won't let you!" He insisted, guarding his daughter. "Are you insane? She can kill someone, she can even kill you!" Ellen told him again. "Easy for you to say that she's not your family" Hollend replied, and Ellen was shocked of what she had said. "Doctor Hollend you must understand, he's not your daughter anymore, Rosemarie is gone, the virus is controlling her, and she's dead" Morgan explained. "No, your just trying to manipulate me, in the first place, this is what you want right? This is all what Umbrella wanted right?" Hollend said angrily. "No, we didn't mean for this to happen" Morgan answered. "Oh yes, Umbrella wanted this, power and playing with human lives" Hollend said. Suddenly Rosemarie was able to break free from being tied up and nearly bite his father from the neck, but Ellen saw it and she dragged Hollend away from here and then she shoot Hollend's daughter in the head. "NO!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Hollend hysterically said as he saw his daughter lying on the floor. "You bitch I will kill you!" he shouted and he saw a flower vase and he grabbed it and ready to hit Ellen in the head but Morgan was quick to see it and was able to stop Hollend by holding his arms. "Hollend stop it!" Morgan said. "Let go of me, I will kill her!" Hollend said and struggling trying to break free from Morgan's arms. "I am sorry for your lost, but this just the way it is, the living need to survive and the dead, will remain dead, Umbrella made your daughter a monster, can't you see she has suffered a lot, she's a living dead, at least give her the chance to rest in peace" Ellaine said to him and walks away going back to the first floor.