CHAPTER 10: "A BATTLE FOR CURE"

RACCOON CITY HALL

RACCOON CITY HALL

12:20AM

"She is poisoned" Gwen said to them as she looked at Ellaine lying unconscious and felt her radial pulse. 

"What do you mean she is poisoned?" Jake asks her. 
"Nemesis, infected her, the monster has that kind of ability, we don't how time we have left before the poison will spread all over her system" Gwen answered.
"And what will happened to Elly?" Tanya asks very worried looking at her sister.
"She could die from the infection, or worse, she could get infected and become one of those creatures" Gwen told her.
"No way, that's not going to happened, there must be something to cure her like..."
"A vaccine!" Morgan said before Tanya could finish what she said. 
"There is a vaccine?" Tanya said.
"Yes, it's not guaranteed but it could help in subduing the virus, and perhaps could act as antidot for the poison in your sister's body" Morgan answered her. "But procuring the vaccine is a risk we will undertake" he continued.
"I will take that risk, just help me save my sister please!" Tanya begged to them.
"Where is this vaccine located we must save Ellaine, we have to take that chances" Jake said to Morgan.
"Jake's right, we are going to leave her just like this, she needs our help, she saved us a lot of times now" Rupert added.
"The vaccine is located in the Raccoon Research Facility, near the Spencer Memorial Hospital, that's not far from here" Gwen told them.
I know the location, I am going there!" Jake said.
"I will go with you" Gwen said to him. "I can help"
"No, Gwen, I'll go" Morgan suddenly said.
"Are you sure about this Morgan?" she asks.
"Yeah, there are lot of people, risking their lives right now, and who wants to destroy Umbrella, just like her" He said looking at Ellaine. "I wanted to risk mine too, I felt that what they've said are true we have contributed Umbrella somehow" he continued. "And if Umbrella want's us dead, then, we can let them kill us at the same time, we needed someone who can expose them we still need an Ace for our card, and  I choose you Gwen" he added.
"Okay Morgan I understand, just don't get yourself killed alright?" she said to him and Morgan just smiled.
"Okay then Morgan will go with me and..." before Jake could finish, Tanya speaks up.
"I'M GOING TOO!" she said.
"No, you are staying here Tanya" Jake told her.
"That's my sister there lying unconscious Jake, because she is very heroic in saving me,  and saving us from Nemesis, now it's my turn to save her" she answered. "And I am not a kid anymore, I can fight" she tells Jake. 
"Let her come, I will join you guys, and Rupert and Gwen look after Ellaine" Carter said to Jake.
"Alright then it's settled, we will get the vaccine as fast as we could, and you'll be keeping yourself safe here alright?" then everyone nodded to what Jake have said.
"Hang in their Elly, Just hang on" Tanya said to her and kisses her cheeks.
"Wait Morgan" Gwen said before they all of them can walk. "The project Scorpio is also hidden in the Research facility" she said.
'WHAT? But I thought we destroyed the sample all of it in the HIVE!" Morgan said to her.
"No, not all, Umbrella kept one sample, that's why the man in the gas mask knew about it, Umbrella knew all along" she said to him.
"And that's why they wanted it, and all I thought we destroyed it" Morgan said.
"Its' not just Umbrella Morgan, it's my choice I hide it, for myself" she said and Morgan was shocked. "I know Morgan I was selfish, I just wanted to know if my work is a success but now, all I knew is it doesn't matter anymore" she said to him. 
"Where it is located?" Morgan asks her.
"In the C-section, C3 unit" Gwen answered. "You have to destroy it Morgan, you must not let them have it!" She said to him, and then Morgan just nodded and then the four them went out  and procure the vaccine.