NR - The Avengers Pt. 5

Callie:
The fight on the helicarrier finally ended. Nat and I are in a private room. I disable my suit, causing the blood that was being cased in to pour out. I quickly grab a towel and hold it against my gash.

"Here, let me," Nat offers when she sees me struggling to tend to my waist wound. "Lay down, this might hurt."

I give in, laying down on the bed. She sits on the edge of it next to my abdomen. As she fixes me, I can't help but stare at her in between each time I wince in pain.

"You took quite the hit, huh?"

"Sort of. A roof came down on me," I fake smile.

"Glad you're alright."

I open my mouth to respond but I'm cut off by Steve coming in. "Am I interrupting something?" He asks, seeing me shirtless on the bed with Nat next to me.

"No," I tell him. "What is it?"

"Time to go."

"Go where?" Nat asks.

"I'll tell you on the way." Steve leaves the room.

"Ready to go, soldier?" Nat smiles at me.

"Always," I smirk, getting up with a small moan.

As I'm getting up, Nat gets ready. In her suit, she turns on her charged fists. As she does this, I create wisps around my hands, just to practice. I catch Nat's smirk when she briefly glances at me and my powers. I can't stop myself from blushing. Nat and I meet the rest of the team in the hangar and follow Steve onto a Quinjet. A man tries to stop us but Steve isn't having it.

-

"You're good to go, Callie," Clint tells me as we fly over the broken city of New York.

With his words, I jump out of the jet, landing hard on my feet. Immediately, I'm greeted by a Chitauri thing. It comes at me but I use my wisps to blast it away. From a few hundred feet away, I see one getting way too close to a civilian. I let my adrenaline and training take over, sprinting over to the person, parkouring over and under flying objects. Just when the creature is about to strike the citizen, I step between them, creating a shield of blue and projecting it away, tearing it in half when it's mid-air. I turn around to make sure the person is okay and they just thank me a million times, crying hysterically. Unfortunately, I can't stick around for thank yous.

On my way to meet the rest of the team, I fight off Chirauri creatures and protect the citizens. Soon enough, I meet up with Nat, Clint, and Steve on Bridge Street. We stare up at the open portal as a Chitauri Leviathan appears. It flies right over us. We all crouch behind a taxi.

"We've got civilians still trapped up there," Clint comments.

We watch as Chitauri and Loki blow up cars below the bridge we're on.

"They're fish in a barrel down there," Cap says.

Nat gets up and starts shooting so I do the same, but with my wisps, blasting and ripping Chitauri as they arrive.

"We got this, go," Nat tells Cap.

Cap then runs off, leaving the three of us to fight off a bridge of Chitauri creatures. Alongside Natasha, I attack the creatures. Clint helps people out of a burning bus and I help by making sure they make it off the bridge safely. When the civilians are off the bridge, I glance at Nat who has a creature coming behind her that she doesn't see since she's too busy fighting off creatures in front of her. I instantly run to her, shoving her out of the way in the nick of time. I lift the creature in the air, impaling it through a pole.