NR - New Experiment Pt. 2

Natasha:
The four of us take a peek around the room. There's a row of large glass human-sized containers. Human-sized is being able to fit three of Steve into it and have some moving room. Each "cage" has a screen attached to it next to where it would slide open.

"What is all this?" Scott asks from across the room.

"My best guess, glass cages," Steve responds.

"Do you think they have... people to hold in all of these? There are like ten of them," I say.

"I really hope not. This glass seems like the material we used for Hulk's cell on the carrier," Steve comments as he examines one of the cells.

"What are they doing?" Hope drawls, unsettled like the rest of us.

"I don't know. But we really have to get a move on. Callie should be right below us and if these cells are what I think they're for, she's in trouble," Steve urges. "Find us a safe way downstairs," he then tells Scott and Hope.

The two nod, become small again, and leave us. After a few silent seconds, Steve turns to me. "You shouldn't be here."

"How many times are you going to tell me that?"

"As many times as I need. You have an emotional attachment to this mission and I'm–"

"You're what? Scared that I'll let my feelings get in the way? When have I ever gotten too emotional to complete a mission?"

Steve sighs. "I'm sorry. You're right."

"Okay."

It doesn't take long for Scott and Hope to talk to us. "The floor is simple," Scott says. "A lot of weird sciencey stuff. Tech and chemicals mainly."

"Okay, any sign of Callie?" Steve asks.

"Not yet but we're still looking. There's a section in the back that's blocked off. Locked door but that shouldn't be a problem."

"Okay, get through. Let us know."

There's silence and all we can do is wait. "I feel helpless. Useless," I say.

"There's nothing we can do. We can't be detected. But I'm with you, I don't like having nothing to do," Steve agrees.

"Cap! Natasha!" Scott exclaims.

"What? What is it?" I respond anxiously.

"She's here! Callie's here!"

"Where? What's going on? Talk!" I shout quietly.

"One soldier leading her to... a chair of some sort nearer to the south wall. She's... I don't know."

"She's what? Try to describe her," I urge.

I hear Scott let out a breath then say, "She's... almost normal-looking. There's only one soldier with her and she's not handcuffed or anything. It's like she has free will here. Except for the jumpsuit, she's fine."

"Not possible. She would fight back. She knows better."

"Clearly not," Steve argues. "Okay, so Nat and I need to get in there. How many soldiers are there? Can the four of us take them without raising alarms? Before they call for backup?"

"Half of them look like doctors. I'm positive we can get control."

Steve glances at me. "Okay. You two stay there and assist only when Natasha and I secure the stairs," he starts as we make our way to the stairwell door. "Once we have all exits cleared, we'll take the room. Casualties are to be expected but, and I know you all know this, no one is to hurt Callie. We take her unharmed. Untouched. That means be extra careful with every move you make."