NR - Undercover Pt. 1

I saw a TikTok. This is inspired by that TikTok.

I kinda like "Convict Callie" 😏
———————————————————————
Callie:
I own a bakery. Well, let me be clear. I own a two-story small building with a bakery on ground level and an apartment on the second level. The apartment is more of a "secret base". That's what we call it—"we" being me and my small team. We have my buddy Camden Bynes as our guy that works with technology and chemicals if we need it. Then there's Beckett Mudd, our driver. Lastly, there's Juniper Cherry. She's our brains and emotional support. To be honest, she's pretty much the team leader.

Oh, I guess I forgot about myself. I'm just the one who executes our plans. I'd like to say I'm the brawn of the group but let's be honest, I'm everything.

Technically we're a group of convicts. BUT, we're a group of convicts that work for the big bucks. People who want shit but can't get it on their own come to us to get it, no questions asked on either side.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun," I laugh with my team as we prepare for our next "mission".

"Cal, stop having so much fun," Beck tries.

"Don't act like you don't love it. It's fun!" I refute.

"Okay, you're right. Now back to the plan."

I spin in my swivel chair to follow June as she walks to her side of our kitchen table. "Okay, Cam," she instructs to which Camden flips a switch and the whole tabletop turns into a hologram. June moves it around until it shows a hologram of—

"The fucking Avengers compound?" I choke.

"No," June shuts me down. "You sounded nervous? Don't think we could handle it?"

"That's not what I said. I said 'the fucking Avengers compound'? That's a basic question."

"It sounded nervous."

"I'm not–"

"Jesus, stop mentally undressing each other," Cam butts in.

"Woah!" I laugh. "You're gross. Now June, would you kindly continue?"

"Happily." She turns her attention back to the hologram. "This one isn't like our other missions. That's because this has nothing to do with anyone but us."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It's not a job," Beck responds.

"Okay. So what do we need so bad?"

"We need..." June does some hologram stuff and brings up–

"Files? Let alone paper files. There's no way I'm getting in and out without being noticed," I cut in.

"Callie, would you listen?"

"I say no. I'm the one we're sending in and I see no way to execute it safely. No."

"You're not going in!" June finally breaks.

"Okay. Explain?"

"You're meeting someone. Well, they think it's a trap to arrest you. But we won't let that happen."

"Oh yeah? Who am I meeting?"

"Black Widow."

"No shit," I laugh, leaning forward on my chair. I wipe the hologram away making June glare at me. "I get to meet Natasha Romanoff? Where?"

"Don't touch my table," June scolds, bringing the hologram back to life. "You're going to a fancy restaurant."

I wipe away her hologram again. "Holy shit!"