NR - Target Acquired Pt. 4

Callie:
I don't know how long it's been anymore. To keep me sane, I was counting the minutes. But I stopped. General Smirnov has been coming into my cell what feels like every ten minutes, although I'm sure it's been longer than that. My mouth is bleeding but I don't think I'm missing teeth. I can feel the black eye, it hurts. My crossed arms from the straitjacket continuously put pressure on my stomach where the general either stabbed me or punched or kicked me really hard, I can't tell. I've been put in the corner of my small room so when General Smirnov comes in, I have nowhere to go, not that I'd have anywhere to go if I could.

General Smirnov said he isn't going to kill me but it sure feels like I'm getting awfully close. I can't imagine what my team's thinking right now.

Natasha:
"FRIDAY, access camera contact footage from Agent Atwood," Tony instructs.

"Yes, Boss."

In the conference room, we still have the same top SHIELD agents hard at work on their tasks. The other Avengers and I are deep into our own research. I am out on the streets along with other undercover SHIELD agents. When I'm not, I am tracking everything I can think of; her bodysuit bracelets (even though I am sure she wasn't wearing them when she was taken), her contacts that were just found, even the tracker in the back of her neck (only put there when we first got her back to make sure she didn't leave the compound) that I know for a fact we took out right after she passed her psychological exam ten months after she came home.

While I'm tapping away on my computer, doing one of the other agent's jobs of hacking security cameras and whatnot, I pick up a beep and Tony starts talking. "Camera footage accessed."

"Okay, great. Play it." I join Tony at the hologram and he presents it. We watch it carefully. There is a lot of darkness until finally, the recording starts.

Callie's eyes open and close a few times before they settle on a face through a small window. Well, a helmeted, masked face. They look like a SWAT team member but their body armor says otherwise.

"Okay, pause there," Tony says to his AI. Then he turns to me. "Do we know them?"

"Not SWAT, not STRIKE. I don't know," I admit. "You?"

"No idea. Face rec won't work but let's keep watching."

The person in the window disappears. Callie looks around her room briefly. It's completely empty. She looks down now, it's obvious she's in a straitjacket. There are a few minutes where nothing happens, Callie just stares out ahead of her, eventually dropping her head and closing her eyes.

Finally, Callie's eyes are open and she's watching a man walk in. He's dressed in a casual suit and has a scratchy-looking beard.

"Okay, pause again," Tony announces and the screen freezes on the gruff man's face. "FRIDAY, run face recognition on this guy. I want to know everything. Who he is, where he lives, what or who he's associated with. Everything."

"Yes, Boss."

Tony continues the recording while FRIDAY finds out who this man is.

We don't have sound so we simply watch Callie and this mystery man talk, though it seems like the man is doing all the talking. They talk for a while. The man then crouches in front of my girlfriend with madness in his eyes. He seems to talk with disgust just judging by his facial expressions and the way he seems to be enunciating his words. Just as quick as he crouched, he stands up. As he walks back out of the room, he looks over his shoulder once more then leaves for good. That's when the recording ends.

"Okay, who is he? He spent a lot of time with her," I say when the screen stays dark for a minute.

"FRIDAY?" Tony asks his AI.