Viridian forest

(Since there was one comment I chose not to include team rocket in this story)
The two pallet Town residents were now in viridian forest battling multiple pokemon while training their own(Ash's team is eevee and Pideyotto who evolved through training while Yellow's team is Pikachu, Rattata and doduo who was given to her by her uncle before she left on her journey)
Ash is now currently battling samurai.
Ash:Use Wing attack!
Samurai:Use circle throw!
Both pinsir and Pideyotto charge at each other but the regional bird hits harder and knocks out Pinsir.
Samurai:That was an excellent battle
Thank you for the experience.
Ash:No problem.
They then shake hands and Yellow and Ash continue through the forest and they battle many pokemon. They then hear a rustle in the grass when Eevee and Pikachu get ready to battle. A caterpie and Weedle then come out of the grass.
Ash:Wow caterpie and weedle. I am going to catch caterpie! Eevee Use take down!
Yellow:Then I will catch weedle. Pikachu Use thunderbolt!
Both attacks connected and the trainers then capture the two bug pokemon and walk towards pewter city.

Meanwhile Gary is finally getting his starter pokemon squirtle and is heading towards the pokemon league but was stopped by the guards who say he needs to get 8 gym badges.

Gary:Come on I am the grandson of Professor Oak so I am the strongest!
Cheerleaders:Yeah
Guards:No badges then no entry.
Gary:Fine then!
With that Gary then walks off to viridian forest while Ash and Yellow arrive at the Pewter city pokemon center.
(Another question. Do you guys think Yellow should challenge the gyms)