ash vs surge

After Ash and yellow beat the cerulean city gym they head towards Vermilion City for the two trainers to battle the gym leader. In the way Ash catches his bulbasaur, charmander and Krabby like in Canon but with the absence of team rocket he doesn't catch squirtle as Team rocket aren't here to  team up with the Squirtle squad to try and help capture Ahs amd his pikachu. So Ash only has Eevee, Pideyotto, Butterfree  Bulbasaur and charmander. Yellow also caught thr oddish from the sanctuary Ash caught Bulbasaur from. Once they arrive at Vermilion City they hear about how Surge battles harshly and they head towards the gym to battle.

Surge:Who goes there?
Ash:My name is Ash and I am here to battle you.
Surge looks at him and eevee and laughs.
Surge:You think a runt like your eevee can beat me and my pokemon hah don't make me laugh.
Raichu seems to begin to spark as Surge stops him.
Surge:Sorry partner but I have decided to use somebody else. Don't worry you can take on another victim.
Raichu pouts as Surge grabs a pokeball and released the pokemon out of it.
Surge:Jolteon I choose you!
Ash:Eevee let's go!
The two pokemon of the same evolution line come out as their battle begins.
Ash:Use a take down!
Surge:Hit him with a Thunder wave!
Eevee bashes into Jolteon with a take down attack as Jolteon sends a wave of electricity which Paralysed Eevee.
Surge:Now use shock wave!
Ash:Dodge and use iron tail!
Before Eevee could move he was fully paralysed as Jolteon sends a powerful shock wave which sends Eevee crashing to the ground.
Surge:Use shock wave again!
Ash:Use dig!
Eevee is able to dig underground to avoid another attack as he travelled through the floor before appearing underneath Jolteon and connects with a dig attack.
Ash:Now use take down!
Surge:Don't think so. Use agility!
Before Eevee could use a take down Jolteon accelerated and avoids the attack.
Surge:Now use Double kick!
Jolteon rushes towards Eevee who is unable to guard against the attack and is hit by a double assault of ferocious kicks.
Ash:Quick use iron tail!
While Jolteon is close Eevee is just able to hit an iron tail but it barely hurts Jolteon.
Surge:Time to end this. Use shock wave!
With one final shock of powerful electricity, Jolteon connects with a shock wave and knocks out Eevee. Ash grabs his partner pokemon as they all rush towards the pokemon center to get Eevee healed. While Eevee is getting healed nurse joy approached them.
Nurse joy:Ash I have something that might help you and Eevee.
Ash:What is it?
She hands him a box as he opens it to see a thunderstone sitting comfortably inside.
Ash:A thunderstone?
Nurse joy:With this you can evolve Eevee into a Jolteon and you might be able to beat Surge and his Jolteon.
Ash:I guess so but.
Brock:Once a pokemon evolves there is no turning back.
Yellow:Eevee would be stuck as a Jolteon for ever.
Ash:Buddy.
Eevee looks up to Ash in confusion.
Ash:Do you want to evolve?
Ash shows the Thunderstone to Eevee and in response the evolution pokemon whacks it out of Ash's hands.

Ash:How come?
Eevee proceeds to explain to Ash how he doesn't want to evolve and wants to beat Jolteon as an Eevee. Ash smiles at this as he fully supports Eevee's decision to remain an Eevee. But one question remains in his mind. How will they beat Surge and his Jolteon?