The new move

After their lost against Lt surge Ash and Eevee decided to do some training to beat Jolteon.
Ash:What can we do to beat Jolteon? Even if we use dig to dodge attacks Jolteon can still use moves like Shock wave agility, double kick and of course thunder wave. That attack was what caused you to move alot slower than Jolteon and combined with Agility it was insanely fast so what should we do?
Eevee(unsure about what to about the battle againstSurge and Jolteon):Eevee.
That was when Brock walked up to Ash.
Brock:Ash I have an idea.
Ash:Hmm. What is it brock?
Brock:Well I was thinking about moves that could stop Jolteon's attack and Eevee's sand attack wouldn't wouldn't able to stop a move like Shock wave so I think it would be good if Eevee learnt how to use protect.
Ash:Protect?
Ash got his pokedex out and it reads out the data on Protect.
Pokedex:Protect a normal type attack. 
This move enables the user to protect itself from all attacks. Its chance of failing rises if it is used in succession.
Ash:That might be the right move! Eevee we are going to teach you how to use Protect!
Eevee:Vee!
Yellow:Well while you guys do that I will go challenge surge.
Ash:Okay good luck Yellow!
Yellow(tiny but red):Thanks Ash.
She heads off with her pikachu to go battle surge.

Ash and Brock head off towards Diglett cave to do some training.
Ash:So how are we going to teach Eevee protect?
Brock:Well Protect blocks any type of attack so let's have onix throw attacks towards Eevee and try to activate Protect.
Ash:Okay. Eevee we are going to have onix throw attacks at you. We need you to activate Protect which means try to activate a shield.
Eevee looks at his partner determined as they begin the training.
Brock:Onix start throwing rock tombs!
Onix:Nix!
The rock type pokemkn starts throwing attacks towards Eevee who just began to jump onto each of the attacks.
Ash:Eevee not like that! We need you to stay still and try to activate Protect.
Eevee:Eevee.
Eevee stops moving mad begun to focus on the attacks. Thr rocks begin to hit Eevee who is trying to focus on learning Protect but keeps getting hit by the rocks. They keep this up for abou lt 3 hours but nothing seems to be working. Eevee seems to be able to tank the attacks a little bit better but is still not able to master protect.
Ash:OK let's stop. Eevee let's take you to the pokemon center.
He grabs his starter as they then head towards the pokemon center and they head to sleep. Eeve then wakes up and grabs Brock's pokeball that contained Onix and tool it back to Diglett cave. Ash wakes up by the small sound of a window opening up as he carefully follows Eevee. He hides behind a large rock as he watched Eeve and Onix continue training. Eevee is going beyond its limit but it keeps going. Onix wants to stop but Eevee begs for the rock type to keep the attacks coming. The rock type reluctantly keeps sending rock tombs towards the evolution pokemon. Ash decided to come out of hiding.
Ash:So you wanted to continue training. Why didn't you just tell me?
Eevee looked at his trainer with a look of determination as he wanted Ash to beat Lt surge with him by his side. Ash understands and he begins to train with  Eevee throughout the night. During this Brock's onix actually learnt the move rock slide from the continuous rock tombs at Eevee and this boost in power enabled Eevee to just about master the move Protect.