CHAP 1- The Beginning

VICTIM OF MY OWN CREATION 

Sirens blared ahead and quickly started to fade away as an ambulance raced forward at top speed. 'Must've been something really important' Jayde thought as she watched it go by but continued strolling down the street. She couldn't really be bothered by it since anger was raging through every fiber of her body. She'd just seen Blade, who she'd managed to become good friends with while secretly liking, sucking the face off of some skanky blonde chick. He was the most gorgeous guy with dark shaggy hair that always fell in his emerald eyes. His body was perfectly sculpted and it made him look like a god. It was almost impossible for any girl not to fall for him so she shouldn't feel angry, at least that's what she kept mentally repeating to herself.

'There's no chance for the two of you anyway so stop worrying about it. Let it go.' The little voice in her head chimed in.

'You're right. I need to let it go. He's just a friend and I need to accept that,' She replied.

Before she knew it Jayde was at her front door. She fished out her keys from her bag and entered the house. She lived with her older brother, Chase, since her parents died two years ago, although her mother's body was never found. Chase was the best big brother she could ever ask for, and even though he was the most popular guy in school he still made time for her. They had the closest relationship and he was extremely protective of her. Jayde couldn't blame him; he was just looking out for her to make sure she didn't get hurt and she loved him for that.

No one was at home. Chase was on a camping trip with some friends and wasn't due back for at least another week. She took advantage of the peace and quiet to catch up on some homework. Jayde trotted up to her room, flicked on her radio to something by Faber Drive, changing out of her jeans, black camisole and knee high leather boots into one of Chase's huge tshirts.

English homework was always boring so it wasn't a surprise that halfway through her essay she fell asleep. She usually never dreamt, only when her parents died, so this was a bit strange; not to mention scary........

JAYDE'S P.O.V 

I could fee sleep tugging at me as my eyelids fought to stay open. I wished I was able to stay awake and finish this essay but I guess it was going to have to wait; I was too tired.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and almost gagged at the stench of urine emanating from everywhere. Looking around I realised it was pitch black, but from what I could tell by feeling my way around, it was some sort of cell. My hands rested on the cold iron bars and I tried to push forward to open it but it wouldn't budge.'I will not panic' I whispered to myself over and over. I tried pulling the bars toward myself with so much force I could've probably pulled it off of its hinges. It came back so fast that I didn't have time to react and the bars hit me smack in the face. ' Why the hell am I always so clumsy?!' My head was throbbing and I was seeing stars but I wanted to get out of here.

There was a small speck of light coming from the last cell at the end of the hall and I obviously wasn't going to stay here any longer unless I wanted my nose to fall off. The smell was absolutely disgusting!.......

As I got up from the wet, ice cold floor and quickly tried to make my way out of this cell a figure, illuminated by the little light there was, stepped forward and stopped as though waiting for me to follow.

I tried to quicken my pace but it was hard since I could not see and had to grope my way around. My arms went flailing as I tripped and fell to the floor.'There you go being clumsy again! It wouldn't be surprising if you wound up receiving a Darwin Award.' I couldn't help but to laugh at myself .I would love to see that happen one day!

I pushed myself off the floor quickly when I saw the figure reaching out for something. He opened a door and light filtered through the entire room. It took only a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the newfound brightness. I peered into one of the cells and screamed as I almost jumped out of my skin. 'Shit!' I hissed under my breath and looked once more at the skeletons strewn on the floor. 

'Are you coming? I want to show you something.' the figure asked in muffled voice that was barely audible, before he disappeared through the door.

'Wait up!' I yelled while running towards the door. I did NOT want to be left in this hell hole alone! 

Just as I was about to put my foot through the door I cringed when I heard a crash loud enough to deafen me for a while.

'What the hell!' I screamed at myself, 'We're in a fucking jail cell not one Chase's stupid war games!' It wasn't my fault though; it's not like I could just change the scenes in my mind.

My feet began to move towards the crash site before I realised what was happening. Stopping wasn't an option since I was no longer in control of my feet, or my body for that matter.

' OK  this is beginning to get a little weird,' I thought .

When my feet came to a stop I gazed into the window of a Jaguar XF - one of the cars that was flipped over and completely crushed by a huge oil truck. I think my heart stopped beating that very instant. This is the accident that my parents died in! A tear rolled down my cheek and fell to the floor followed by a steady stream of tears that wouldn't stop.

A dangerously huge piece of glass protruded from my dad's skull and his entire body was covered in blood as he was crushed against the steering wheel. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of broken bones. My mother on the other hand was no longer in the car- she probably fell out when the car flipped over.  

The movement of something to my right caught my eye when I was about to look for my mother. As I turned to get a better look my eyes were covered by someone's hands. They were big and little rough but soft at the same time, which sort of reminded me of Chase's hands. I tried to pull free but they just would not budge. After what seemed like minutes , but was only a couple of seconds the grip on my face loosened and I could see again. There was no one when I looked around, except for my dead parents and the guy who drove the truck. I must seriously be imagining things. 

'Oh My Goodness!...I think i'm going crazy!' 

Although I felt a compelling need to run I was not going to leave my dad here alone.

'This is just a dream, remember? He's dead and there's nothing you can do to change that. It's okay to leave.'

My conscience could be the most annoying at times but sometimes, like right now, I was glad to have it around.

As if anything worse could happen, there was a loud explosion and both vehicles flew up in flames. In a matter of only seconds flames started to lick at my feet and eventually my whole body. I dropped to floor and started to scream my head off. The pain was excruciating. A flood of tears started to fall from my eyes but didn't make it further than my cheek before they evaporated.

"IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE??!!" I screamed to no one in particular,but hoping though that someone would hear me.

A cloaked figure stepped out of nowhere and I could feel his need to help me, but something was keeping him from doing so.

I closed my eyes letting the fire consume my body as it danced around me. It didn't feel so bad after a while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes as i gasped for air, my head still a little foggy. I tried to swing my feet off my bed but something.....no someone......held me in place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading :)

Please comment and vote....