CHAP 8-You Killed My Fish!

CHAPTER 8

“That movie was A-W-S-O-M-E!” Stephen shouted.

“Ha! I knew that you would like Gnomeo & Juliet!” I chirped.

“Oh whatever,” Stephen replied.

“Whatever my ass! I still can’t believe that both of you,” I glanced at Aiden,” fed ice cream to my fishes! You guys are now murderers. I hope that you can live with that on your conscience everyday. They will never get to live live their little fishy lives, thanks to you two!” I exclaimed and that was the last thing I remembered before I fell asleep. I guess all the events of the day finally caught up with me.

“Do you wanna dance?” someone asked me but I could not find where the voice was coming from.

“Hey! You! Up there!” the voice shouted once again. I looked down and couldn’t believe my eyes…….it was a grey talking rat with a grass skirt around his waist and he was dancing with his other rat friends! If this happened to me on a normal day I would run away screaming but it was a dream, so anything can happen, right? Even if it is talking and dancing rats.

“C’mon dance with us!” another rat pleaded.

“Sure. Why the hell not?”

Suddenly all music was stopped and the dancing as well.

“What’s going on?” I asked the rat closest to me when the rat who had turned off the radio began walking towards me. For a rat he was extremely muscular, which is weird because rats should mot have muscles. It’s not normal.

“Jayde Bryson?” the muscular rat questioned.

“Yes. Why?”

“The boss wants to see you.” he replied in a raspy voice.

“I’m sorry ‘the boss’?” I inquired, “Are you guys in some kind of rat mafia?”

All the rats laughed together in unison. An even more muscular rat stepped in front of me and raised his right hand in the air, silencing everyone. I guess he’s the leader then.

“We’re not a ‘Rat Mafia”. We’re just a group who like to hang together. By the way the name’s Claws,” he answered, “Now can you please follow me.”

Claws stepped into an abandoned building that looked as though it was about to fall apart with the slightest touch. The wood beneath my feet creaked as I stepped on it and Claws motioned for me to be quiet.

“Sorry,” I whispered.

I followed Claws behind a huge cardboard box that smelt like feet. I held my breath and looked on as a scene unfolded in front of me.

There was a guy chained up to a chair in the centre of the room with two knives sticking out of his abdomen. Another guy who had his back turned to me was hovering over the guy in the chair. I couldn’t make out any faces because it was too dark in here.

“Where is it?” the guy who was standing bellowed.

“I already told you. I don’t know what you’re talking about!” replied the guy that was chained to the chair, which earned him a punch in the face. I gasped. The guy obviously didn’t know anything so why continue to torture him?

“I’m going to give you one more chance to tell me what where it is! I know that you know where it is so cut the crap because you’re wasting my time!”