Waitress

This is my first Wattpad book and I know its not perfect. Feel free to comment and suggest new books.JUST TO CLARIFY THIS IS NOT PRINCE EDWARD, EARL OF WESSEX AND IT IS JUST A COINCIDENCE THAT I CHOSE THIS NAME. PLUS THE DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE REAL ONE.

ENJOY... IT TOOK ME A WHILE. 

Edward's party was going fantastically, everyone seemed to be having a blast. People spoke to each other, most bragging about how much money they all had and how there sons or daughters were going to be king or queen when they passed. His aunt, Edna, was talking to his mother. Edward's relationship with his mother wasn't the greatest, in fact it may as well be none existent because their arguments seemed to never stopped. Edward's father, Emmanuel, grew tired of them and ignored whenever arguments, about particularly small things, would break out.

Edward walked around the party, trying to get to the drink stand where he could spot from afar, were serving fresh drinks. When he'd got there, he asked one of the waitresses to pass him a drink. Tapping her shoulder, he smiled a small smile, and asked for a drink. The girl turned to face him, a small smile on her face too. Something sparked inside of him, it was something he had never felt in his life. The girl that was standing in front of him was absolutely beautiful. He'd never seen anyone this gorgeous. His parents had tried to give him a selection of princesses, but he had never liked them, not one bit. This girl was different, she wasn't a princess, but her facial features were stunning. Her hair was long, and thick brown. On the right side of her nose, was a piercing and he could see faint freckles spread over her face. Her body was thin and a perfect shape.

The girl tilted her head slightly, how long had he been staring at her for? He shook his head and grabbed a drink from the tray. He apologized and left as quickly as he could. Edward rolled his eyes back in his head, he knew this was going to be the best 18th birthday ever.

Opening the back door, he walked into the dining room. It was gigantic and there was a ridiculously long table, real marble glazed. The tiles on the floor made his shoes make a clack noise whenever they hit them. The hanging lights were absolutely stunning against the low evening light. Quickly, he passed the kitchen, where he could see the kitchen staff and chef ice the cake. Cake was coming a little later. He made his way to the lift, and frantically pressed the button. A faint ding let him know the lift had arrived for him. Stepping inside he pressed the floor that his room was on.

The door to his room creaked open- it never did, he'd have to get someone to come and fix it- and threw himself on his desk chair. Opening the draw next to him, he got out a sheet of paper and began scribbling on it.

Downstairs, everyone had been waiting for him. He hid the paper inside his back pocket and stepped outside to greet everyone. He could see the cake sitting on top of a circular table, it was clothed with an unstained sheet. Edward made an effort to smile and stood there awkwardly as they sang happy birthday to him.

At the end, everyone cheered for him, and he watched the butler slice into the cake. On the knife, he saw brown cake parts attach to it. He licked his lips slightly, chocolate cake, his favourite. He took the first slice and dug into it. Everyone stared at him until he finished eating his bite before turning their heads, all pleading for a slice. Edward looked at the amount of people at the party, there would be just enough cake to leave for later.

Quickly, he finished his cake and placed it onto the table of dirty dishes, before beginning his search for the girl. It wasn't long before he caught her talking to other waitresses.

Mustering up the courage to walk to her, he tapped her on the shoulder. He saw her give a fake, tired smile but as soon as she saw him, she tried her best to look energetic.

"Hello.", he spoke, looking down at the ground.

"Hello, Prince Edward. Would you like a drink? Oh and may I wish happy birthday!", she asked politely.

"No thank you, I actually came to speak to you.", he said leaning sideward to look at her friends, "Privately."

The girl turned her head to look at her friends, and when she turned back, she seemed concerned. Edward gave her a reassuring smile and walked forward. He looked behind him to check she was following him, and sure enough she was.

Finally, they made it to his favourite spot. The lake was calm and mirrored the moons light. He could hear the faint lapping of an animal licking the delicious hydrates of the water.

The girl rubbed her arm, and he could tell why. The night air was always cold in London and was an overly dramatic change to what it had been during the party. He offered the girl his blazer, but soon realised it wouldn't be right. So he had to leave her cold.

"What are we doing here, Prince Edward?", she asked, staring into the water.

"I... need to talk to you.", he said, before slipping the paper into her pocket.

"What about, have I done something wrong?"

"No, no. I wanted to show you my favourite spot  that I go to. I'm sorry, I am very stupid. Let's go back.", he said, gesturing her to walk in front of him