"You're so fake!"

**9 Months pass**

"Smile sweetheart!", she encouraged, as she pulled the corners of Edward's mouth up to a smile but instantly drooped back to an empty face. It had been a long time since he'd since Mia and all he could think about was how evil his mother was to separate them like that. He knew she would hate it if he separated his parents from each other, so why did she do it to him?

It had also been a while since his mother made an appearance, but today she was obliged to. Edward didn't know what the reason why but he had to join them on the balcony whether he liked it or not. He could hear the noise of the crowd outside, chatting away. "Listen,if you don't smile, they will think something is incredibly wrong.", she told him. 

Edward rolled his eyes, he didn't care. He just wanted to get this shit over and done with. He turned away, going towards the balcony door and waiting impatiently for his mother to open the doors and make her speech, which he didn't know why it made such a huge impact on the situations, perhaps all situations. As he walked, words spoken by his mother stopped him in his tracks,

"Ifyou smile, I promise I'll get you your love.", he heard her whisper.

Edward knew what she meant, it wouldn't be... her, instead it would another bitch that he didn't care for. Edward turned around half-way and looked down the door to the side, trying to keep his eyes away from his mother. 

"I know what you're doing, just leave it mother. I don't need your lies, or another girl who isn't Mia.", he acknowledged, his hands began to shake when he said her name. Edward's mother laughed loudly, 

"I know what she's done to you. It hurts you every time she is mentioned. Mia.", she said, smiling and taking steps towards Edward until she faced him. She repeated the word and didn't stop. His mother was the devil, and he knew it. 

Hearing her name everytime she said it was enough for him to lash out at her,

"ENOUGH!", he shouted, his voice was deep and his posh British accent was incredibly thick now. His face was red but calmed down when he turned away from the devil and buried his hands in his face. He cried, all he wanted was to be with Mia. He would take and do anything for her, she was the love of his life, and although he was only 18 he knew it, with great passion and in his heart. 

A guard walked in and announced it was time to go out to the balcony. She nodded and walked toward it. She didn't open it though. Edward wiped his tears with a cloth on the side table and went to the door. He didn't wait for her to open it and instead opened it for her. She stared at him in disgust, how could she hate her son so much that she knew what was hurting him against him? 

Edward stood at the balcony, hidden away in the corner, not wanting to be seen. But he was pushed up front when the rest of his family came. He stood next to his mother, who was in the front centre and his dad was on the right side whilst he stood on the left. 

"I've come here to tell everyone that I am deeply saddened by the sudden news of the murder of Seta Mintel, a bright, intelligent women who worked hard with the UK Government...", she rambled on for a while, and he could hear the hatred in her voice everytime he heard her say Seta's name. He was pretty sure she had never even spoke a word to her before and she only spoke about this to keep her image good. 

**

Mia sat on her bed, she was shivering. The coldness of her room was like the North Pole and she felt like she would freeze like an ice cube. She hadn't felt sick in a while, but ever since her and Edward were separated she'd felt like shit.  She grabbed the blanket and covered her face, not even the warmth of the 3 blankets on top of her would help. 

The end of the day was coming soon and she knew her sister would bring her boyfriend over just like every night. Mia thought about Edward, but instantly paused her efforts because 1. she had no energy to even think and 2. thinking of him made her feel worse. 

Mia had blue lips and incredibly pale skin. She tried her best to crawl out of bed and with only a few minutes she was walking on her own two feet with both of the blankets, and the other one was left hanging off the bed, and out the door. Mia walked like a zombie out into the hallway and down the stairs, well she wasn't walking when she went down them but instead she sat down and bounced her way down. Her butt hurt after she'd finished. In the sitting room, she could see her sister on the phone talking to one of her friends it seemed. On the coffee table, she saw a half-eaten pizza and another fizzy can. She thought it might be for her pervert boyfriend but she didn't care and went to sit on the couch next to her. Mia looked at her sister, who was looking at her nails intently as she held the phone on her shoulder and tilted her head sideways to keep it in place. Mia grabbed a slice of pizza, she didn't have a big enough appetite and just the one bite made her feel sick like crazy. She threw off her blanket and ran to the kitchen bin, puking all over it. In the sitting room, she could hear her sister end the phone call, and went back to watching TV.

Some sister she was.

Mia sat in the corner of the kitchen, and wrapped herself in a ball and cried herself to sleep. 

Sometime during the night, she awoke again. She checked the time on the clock but it was too dark to see. Mia got up, and sluggishly walked to the couch, where she took a seat. The pizza was gone and all she could do was stare at the empty TV screen. 

**

Edward sat in his bed, scrolling through Instagram when he heard the door open, it was bright enough, in the hallways, for him to see that it was his devil mother who had walked in. 

"What do you want?", he spoke coldly, looking back down to his phone.

"To speak."

"About what? You want to get me the girl of my life, don't you? Don't bother because you might end up taking her away too."

The queen grabbed his phone off him and put it on the edge of his bed. "Edward, I just want to know..."

"KNOW WHAT?!", he was becoming impatient now and wanted to go back to bed. 

"To know about...", she hesitated, he knew what she wanted, "About that girl."

"Why?", he asked.

"How did you find her?", she questioned, narrowing her eyes at her son. 

"Go away.", he whispered, playing with his bedsheets. 

"Please."

"NO! YOU SAY YOU LOVE ME AND YOU WANT WHATS BEST FOR ME, WELL... THAT GIRL WAS! YOU ARE SO EVIL MOTHER I DONT KNOW WHAT POSSESSED YOU TO BE LIKE THIS BUT I KNOW WHEN I SEE... THAT GIRL I WILL GO FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AND I PROMISE YOU WONT SEE ME AGAIN!", he screamed at her. "You're so fake!", he added, in a loud whisper as he voice began to crack and he cried. 

His mother just nodded and left the room, he didn't care about what she thought about Mia. Edward knew one thing, he was going to be with Mia, whether she liked it or not.