- Chapter Five -

It's 6:45

It's 6:45...

I take one last look at myself in the mirror. I look like shit. I feel like shit.

Today has been a long day. After my history lecture this morning I headed over to my moms' bakery which is around a twenty-minute drive, it's located just before you enter/leave the town. I worked for five hours, so until 2 pm, and then I hung out with Em until three before her class. Now I'm standing in our apartment looking at myself in the mirror.

Maybe I do judge.

I've changed out of my hoodie from before to change into a red sweatshirt, and a pair of plain jeans. I grab a pair of my vans before heading towards the kitchen to grab a drink before I leave.

"Where are you going?" Lizzie asks from the couch. "Nowhere," I reply too quickly. Great, now I'm acting suspiciously. She just nods before continuing to read her book. Amazing, I'll get an interrogation later.

I finish off my coffee before grabbing my rucksack and phone. "I'll see you later," I say before shutting the door and heading towards the captains' house. It's across campus from the other frat houses and sororities, so it takes me around ten minutes. The street is shadowed by the line of massive oak trees— it would be beautiful in the fall. I see the house come into view. Is it too late to cancel? Probably. I exchange glances with some sorority girls leaving their house across the street. Just great, I roll my eyes before reaching the porch and knocking on the door.

No answer.

I knock again.

No answer. Again.

ME - It's Ele. I'm outside. Answer the door.

That was nice enough right? Yeah... Two minutes later I get a text.

ROMA CARTER - Eleonora Gomez, what do I owe the pleasure?

I can sense the teasing through the screen— it's sickening.

ME - Roma, where are you?

ROMA CARTER - Football practice took longer than expected.

ME - Hurry up.

ROMA CARTER - Someone desperately wants to see me ;)

I obviously leave him on read. I take a seat on the swing while I wait. That's when I receive a phone call. "Eleonora Rose Gomez!" Liv yells down the phone. "What the fuck?" I yell back, equally as pissed. "You're at Carters?" How the hell does she know? "How'd you know?" I ask and Liv scoffs before answering, "Lizzie told me." How the fuck did Lizzie know? I pause for a second, it doesn't surprise me that Lizzie guessed correctly— she knows everything, and she can read anyone. Before I could reply two cars pull into the drive. I have to admit I know nothing about cars, however, I do know that one was a matte black jeep and the other was a black matte tesla. While two other cars were already parked in the drive, both black BMWs. What is up with them and the color black? Could they be any more of a cliché?