- Chapter Fifty-One -

"So, are your parents coming?"

"You think the Bliss Family are going to come to watch me play?" Kian laughs at Hayden's question, "they have better things to do." It's game day. The games at five so we need to be there for three. "Will the girls come?" Me and the boys are in our kitchen getting ready to leave for the stadium. "Knowing Liv and Emilia probably." Alex shrugs downing the last of his drink. "Well Carter" Hayden wraps an arm around my shoulder, "today's the day." I shrug him off, composing myself.

Today is probably one of the biggest days of my life.

I need to win this state championship.

I also need to tell Ele how I'm feeling.

"You know if we win we'll have to go to the party they host right?" Shit. I forgot about the party. Depending on what college wins the championship they get a party hosted for them. Like a massive one. All formal attire that type of shit. "Fuck— well that means we'll get drunk today." Hayden laughs. "We need to go," Alex and Kian grab their car keys and we're heading out of the house. "I'll drive with Lewis." Both Hayden and Alex get in his BMW while me and Kian head towards his Tesla.

"Today's the day." Kian echos Hayden's words from before, "no pressure." He pulls away from the drive heading towards the stadium. "You know I can't wait for you to fall in love." Out of all of us, Kian's the most, "out of touch," with his emotions. I've never seen him remotely like a girl never mind fall in love.

"The day a girl falls in love with me that's when I know hell has frozen over."

"You've never wanted to experience it? Love?" I don't normally talk about shit like this but ever since falling in love and knowing Ele I've started too. I know Alex has always wanted to talk about feelings but me and the boys have always turned down those conversations. It wasn't our thing. "What's the point?" He shrugs before carrying on, "everything has an expiration date."

"You'll be surprised." I was.

I never planned on finding a girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. But when you least expect it nature has cunning ways of finding your weak spot.

Eleonora is my weak spot.

I would give up everything to be with her.

Consequences are damned.

The music dies down before the sound of ringing fills the car.

"I'm not high or drunk enough to have this conversation," Kian mutters before accepting the call. "Kian?" A man's voice fills the car. "What do you want?" I notice his hands tightening around the steering wheel. "I've been trying to contact you." I'm assuming it's his father on the other end. "And I've been trying to avoid you— sadly we don't always get what we want." His voice full of sarcasm, I hear his father sigh, "have you received the emails?" I glance at Kian before returning my gaze to the road in front of us. "Yes, I have." He replies bluntly, "I need an answer."