Chapter Three - Anger

After exploring the Dorms, X-23 along with those who went to rescue Bakugo met with Tsuyu outside the building. Also outside the building was Ochaco. 

Ochaco: You see, Tsu said she had something to tell you all.

Tsuyu: You guys know I'm pretty straightforward, and always speak what's on my mind. But sometimes...I don't know. I'm at a loss. Remember what I said back at the hospital?

As Tsuyu asked that question, everyone remembered how Tsuyu spoke out against them going after Bakugo.

Midoriya: Yeah. Every word.

Tsuyu: My heart was hurting. And the things I said must've upset you. Despite my warning, you still went and saved Bakugo. I didn't know that until this morning. I thought I'd stopped you. But it turns out I was worthless. A complete failure. And suddenly I had no idea what to say. I didn't think I deserved to joke around and have fun with everyone like usual.

As Tsuyu said at this, she began to cry. This was an odd thing for Shikamaru to see as she usually kept her out of the open.

Tsuyu: But...it made me...so sad to be without you. That's why I wanted to talk to you. Even if I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to be feeling. I wanted you to know so we can hang out and talk and have a good time again.

Ochaco: It's not just you who thinks that. Everyone... felt pretty bad and...wanted things back the way they used to be before. That's why we did the room contest. To bring us closer together and make us feel like a class again. It's all we could come up with, so please don't think we were trying to trick you or anything. Look, what I'm saying is, let's all work hard at our training and be good friends again, okay?

As Tsuyu continued to cry, everyone began to console Tsuyu. 

However, X-23 simply clenched her fists in anger as her mind fell to what Daken said at the hospital. 

Daken(Past): Think rationally, sister. There's much about what's going on that we don't know. If you go down on this path, you're not going to like what you find.

X-23(Past): I know you don't care about anyone in this class. But I'm not about to let Bakugo remain a prisoner to the League of Villains. If you don't want any part of this, then I won't force you. But I'm going to help Midoriya and the others rescue Bakugo. 

As those words echoed in X-23's head, Kirishima was the first to notice something wrong. 

Kirishima: Laura? 

After a tense moment of silence, X-23 spoke. 

X-23: I'm not going to keep that promise. I'm going to find my brother. 

Kirishima: And what are you going to do after?

X-23: I'm going to kill him. I'm going to take his goddamn head off.

As X-23 said that, everyone was stunned into silence. While everyone was aware of how X-23 felt about Daken's betrayal, they didn't realize that how far it went. 

Iida: You...you can't be serious! What you're talking about doing is murder! 

Yaoyorozu: Not to mention that he's your brother!

X-23: I don't care. He deserves to die. He has to pay. 

Midoriya: This isn't justice! This is revenge!

X-23: I never said anything about justice. I don't care if my actions are justice or revenge. If you're worrying about me leaving right now to go after him, don't. Even though it's none of your business, I won't chase after him. But when I find him, I'm out for blood. No law. No code. You can all either help me or get the fuck out of my way!

Iida: Laura....think rationally. This isn't what a Hero is supposed to do....

As Iida attempts to talk X-23 down, X-23 unsheathes her claws and points them at Iida. Iida steps back as everyone, especially Kirishima became concerned about X-23.

X-23: I am in no fucking mood to be lectured by any of you! Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! Your brother was crippled by the Hero Killer. My brother stabbed me in the back and tried to kill me! 

As X-23 said that, Iida fell silent as he thought of what happened to his brother Tensei who's encounter with the Hero Killer Stain left him permanently paralyzed and forced into early retirement. At this point, Kirishima steps in to try and calm her down. 

Kirishima: Listen, Laura. I'm on your side, but....

X-23: You hated Daken, Eijiro! If anyone should understand how I feel, it should be you!

Kirishima: Don't get me wrong, Laura. I want to catch this guy too! I want to take him down for hurting you! But killing him like this won't help anybody! It's...it's not right! It's not our place!

As Kirishima said that, X-23 began to tremble. Out of sheer anger, X-23 slashes her claws at the wall of the Heights Alliance building. After that, she unsheathed her claws and walked away without saying a word. 

Kirishima: Laura....

As X-23 entered the Heights Alliance building, she was approached by Kaminari. 

Kaminari: Hey Laura! Have you seen Kirishima? I needed to....

Before Kaminari could finish his sentence, X-23 punched Kaminari in the face, knocking him out cold. After that, she stormed back into her Dorm room and slammed the door. As she was left alone in her room, X-23's anger was close to reaching it's boiling point. Only time would tell if X-23's anger over Daken's betrayal would push her over the edge.