New York

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since the last update! It's just that the story is getting near the end and I want to take the time to make sure everything flows well.

Before we get to the story, I think we need to have a quick little chat. So I got a lot a lot a lot of really frightened comments on the last chapter, but don't worry. John is still alive.

As for the terrible event that happened on December 8, 1980, it will be significantly different in this story but not completely but - well, I'll just let you find out by reading.

On another note, thank you all for your continued support on this story. I've probably said this before, but I'm going to say it again. Whether you've been here since I posted the first chapter, or if you found this story today and have been binge-reading, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ IT!!

Sadly, this is probably going to be the last chapter of the story. However there will be an epilogue. I can't believe the end is almost here :(

Love you all. Every single one of you. <3

~~~

A few days passed after Paul called John and he didn't really think much of John not picking up the phone. He was in the kitchen making some lunch on the first of December when the phone began to ring. He picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hi, Paul,"

Paul smiled. "Hello, John. How are you?"

"Good. And you?"

"I'm good. So, what's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to meet up for a day sometime the week after next. I'm flying out to Liverpool for a week to visit Mimi and I thought it'd be nice to get together. What do you think?"

Paul couldn't help the grin that spread across his face. "Yeah, that'd be great. How about we meet at the Cavern on the eleventh? We can meet there at, say, seven? George and Ringo have been raving about the live music during dinner time."

"Sounds good. See you then!" John said. "Bye."

"See you then. Goodbye." Paul said and then he hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Linda asked.

Paul looked up. He hadn't even known she was in the room. "John," Paul smiled excitedly. "We're meeting up in Liverpool at the Cavern Club on December eleventh for dinner."

"That's wonderful!" Linda grinned. "I'm happy for you."

Paul hugged her. "Thank you. So much." He loved Linda, he really did. He just wanted John back so much. The thing was, Linda was very supportive of him and she truly believed that he and John belonged together. He couldn't have asked for a better friend, a better wife. And if he and John never did get back together, then he and Linda were totally comfortable living their lives with their three daughters and, now, their son.

"Don't worry about it," Linda said and hugged him back. "I'm always going to be here for you."

~~~

Paul woke up a little over a week later. Linda had taken the girls to school and James at nursery school, then went out for the day to run errands. Paul got up and got dressed, had some breakfast, then began working on new music.

He was sitting in his study with a pen and paper when the phone began to ring in the kitchen. He hurried to the phone, picked it up, and spoke. "Hello?"

"Paul?" It was George.

"Yeah. What's up, Georgie?"

"You've - oh, God! You've got to get out to New York. I'm flying out in a half hour. Yoko just called me. It's John...he's been shot."