History Was Made

"I'm stressing out about this," George frowned deeply. "If Ringo finds out then he will never want to speak to me again! I don't want to lose him as a friend! What do I do? You two had to have gone through this somehow."

    John laughed. "Actually no. I was going to kiss him as a prank and then he kissed me and then everything kind of just....went from there."

    George blinked. "Oh, that's...something."

    Paul and John nodded slowly.

    "Okay, so what should I do about my situation with Ringo?" George asked. "I need some advice."

    Paul shrugged his shoulders. "I think you should just spend as much quality time with Ringo as possible and see if your feelings really are what you think they are and if they are then maybe you'll find out whether Ringo feels the same way or not along the way."

    "That's some good advice, Paulie." John smiled.

    "Thank you," Paul gave a firm nod.

    "Eh," George said. "Borderline mediocre if you ask me."

    Paul and John looked at him, and then all three of them burst into a fit of hysterical laughter.

    "Okay, okay!" George tried to catch his breath and finally calmed down. "Okay, so  I'm just going to go to bed. I'll talk to you in the morning, okay?" George got to his feet with a light sigh.

    "Alright," Paul nodded and George left the room.

    John smirked. "Now, where were we?" He wrapped his arms arms around Paul and kissed him deeply.

~~~

    Barely three months later, it was all money, power, and glory for the Beatles. They were touring the UK and the people couldn't get enough of them. The fans had nicknamed themselves Beatlemaniacs - from the term Beatlemania, the Beatles were playing sold out concerts, and by April they were working on their second album.

    The album was entitled With the Beatles and Brian wanted John and Paul to write several songs for the album and keep the covers to a minimum.

    "First things first," John said as the four of them sat in the sitting room of the flat they were living in for the time being. "What song are we going to cover on this album?"

    "I say we cover Jailhouse Rock," George stated.

    "Nah," Paul shook his head. "I think Roll Over Beethoven!"

    "I agree with Paul," John nodded.

    "What else is new," Ringo snorted. "I mean, of course you agree with Paul. When do you not?"

    "What's that supposed to mean?" Paul frowned.

    "Nothing, I swear." Ringo shook his head. "It's just that the two of you seem to have a very... profound bond."

    "That's one way to put it," George muttered.

    "Hm?" Ringo looked over at George.

    George quickly shook his head. "Never mind," he said hastily.

    "Well, I still think Roll Over Beethoven." Paul said.

    "Me, too." John nodded.

    "Well, I think it's a good idea." George said with a firm nod.

     Ringo nodded also in agreement.

    "Right, well, we're off to write some number one hits." Paul said and stood up, picking up his guitar. "Or, at least, I hope so. Come along, Johnny Boy! Night, lads!"

    "Night!" George and Ringo called.

    Paul and John entered the room they were sharing and sat down on the bed, setting up the guitar and the paper and pen.

    "Ready to write one for the charts, Johnny?"

    "Oh, yes!" John grinned.

    So, they set to work. They began the same way they always did; writing separately. Then they began working together, as they always did. They had ideas, they combined them. They brought together a song.

    "Close your eyes and I'll kiss you
Tomorrow I'll miss you
Remember I'll always be true
And then while I'm away
I'll write home every day
And I'll send all my loving to you,"

    Paul sang sweetly, slowly.

    "I think this song fits as a more upbeat one," said John. "Or, at Keats, I think the fans will like it better that way. What do you think, Paulie?"

    Paul sighed. "I definitely agree, I just wish that I didn't. I like slow, sweet sings and we never get to perform them." He frowned and began lightly strumming his guitar.

    "I know, Paulie." John grabbed the guitar and placed it on the floor, then pulled Paul towards him. He laid his head down in his lap. He stroked his hair and ran his fingers over Paul's eyelids and eyelashes and his nose and his...lips.

    Most people who had ever even laid eyes on John Lennon would just automatically assume that if he was in a serious relationship for six years that he would most definitely have already had sex with his long time partner. And who could blame them? It was John freaking Lennon!

    Most people who met Paul McCartney - post release of the first Beatles album - automatically assumed that he had had sex with plenty of women. And who could blame them? He was Paul McCartney, for God's sake!

    But, contrary to popular belief, John and Paul had never had sex and Paul was pure overall.

    But as John stroked Paul's features lovingly, they were both aching for each other. Neither of them knew why such a feeling had hit so suddenly. John, of course, had felt such a things several times before but had never taken anything to far as Paul had never wished to. But Paul reached his hand up and grabbed a fistful of his hair, dragging him down for a deep and heated kiss.