⚔ ~ 12 ~ ⚔

Howdy ya'll

Howdy ya'll. Have a nightmare image I drew before getting this chapter on the way! Hope you like it and do leave feedback on the chapter for me. Always helps~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare hadn't been sure what to expect. He'd let Dust and Classic head out alone, but never anticipated Dust returning alone. To make matters worse, the amount of negativity was potent. It was distinguishable to Nightmare even in a different Au. The state of the other was also a shock. The distinct tear lines were apparent, showing that Dust had cried at some point. That alone brought countless questions. But he wasn't dumb. Classic's disappearance and Dust's emotional breakdown left only a few options. 

"Dust, come here for a moment." Nightmare kept his tone light, not risking the frail state of the other. Error had entered shortly after, noticing the fact Dust ignored an order. He was just as confused, risking getting closer. That was his mistake. Dust was practically rabid. Fuming from hatred and heartache. It was no shock when he lashed out, nearly hitting Error. Luckily, the glitchy skeleton was quick with his strings, restraining the other as the tried to pry themselves free. 

"Calm down Dust, be rational. We're your team, not an enemy."

"L-let me go... He's gone... Th-they took him from me... Let me g-go..." His voice was so broken, his mental wellbeing crumbling. It left both speechless and feeling remorse. 

"Dust, I need you to focus. What happened to Classic? Where is he?" Nightmare had approached before speaking calmly. He'd normally be upset about insubordination, but Dust was in no right mindset. Whatever happened, shattered the foundation Classic had aided in building. As Error put it, Dust and Classic were madly in love, quite literally. "Dust. Where. Is. Classic?" 

"H-he... They... I want him back... Give me Classic back..." Nightmare narrowed his sockets, sighing. He gently positioned Dust to look at him.

"We want to get Classic back to you, but you have to explain what happened. Can you do that?" There was a long silence, eventually Dust obeying. He'd struggled, but calmed himself; if only slightly. To put things bluntly; the information given left the two fuming alongside Dust. Nightmare never suspected his own brother of being so heartless. Nightmare being heartless; that wasn't new. Not in the slightest. 

"Nightmare, we have to do something before Dust loses himself. He was already unstable and losing Classic was like shoving him off the edge. If we take too long, both might hit rock bottom." 

"What do you mean, both?" Error rubbed his chin, sighing. 

"Classic was first introduced to Dust, who in turn changed him to kill. That alone makes ones mental state shaky. To make things worse, Dust already shared Classic killed a Papyrus."

"What's the point to this?" Nightmare tapped his foot impatiently, Error scowling. 

"Let me speak and you'll know!" Nightmare sighed, motioning Error to continue. "As I was saying, Classic has not only welcomed Dust's madness and desire to kill, but openly killed a Papyrus. Nightmare, the Star Sanses locked Classic in his Au. They trapped him like an animal..."

"Oh my god... Eventually caged animals lash out. He'll go berserk from the madness and separation..." Error nodded, leaning back. His groan was loud and drawn out.

"Ink's an imbecile! He basically just set up another timeline that might go the same as Dusts! Only difference, this is the original Au. There will be no more normal timelines. Classic went through Genocide after Genocide, which means..." Nightmare seemed to catch on, his sockets widening.

"The next Genocide will be the last."

"Classic will slaughter everyone. He would do anything in his state, especially being locked away from Dust. The two were inseparable after everything..." There was a long silence before Nightmare kicked the couch, his glare meeting the floor.

"FUCK! Get those Star Shits here, NOW! We don't fix this, shit's hitting the fan. While we both want the multiverse in shambles, I won't risk one of my allies. Dust won't be in any better shape and I won't have my brother blaming himself for everything because Ink was an idiot." Error nodded, rising from the couch before he created a portal.

"I'll be quick. Just don't let Dust wander too far." Nightmare motioned Error off, watching the portal close. He watched Dust curl up on the couch, the sight leaving Nightmare vexed. He'd fix this. Under no circumstance, would he let either Classic or Dust fall of the rails. They were a part of his group, making them his family. He may not be one for emotions, but they mattered. His family was where his home sat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed the chapter. Apologies on being short, but this was mostly an angsty type of chapter. Either way, leave feedback and looking forward to continuing this one~