chapter 18

When they arrived at his office he gave her his desk and chair while he worked on the couch, she was so focused on her files that she hardly noticed people who where coming in and out of his office.

She finished all her files by 2pm and he ordered food for them, he drove her to her hotel in the evening. She woke up on Wednesday in the morning and shower, she changed to her suit and let her hair down, she requested a taxi and left.

She arrived 30 minutes early and went to her seat, the seminar went on for 5 hours straight without break. Luckily the chairs were comfortable, they got 30 minutes break and went back for another 3 hours straight.

It ended at 3pm and she was tired that she didn't want anything. Ze came fetch her but she fell asleep in his car so he took her to his apartment and tuck her in his bed, by the time she woke up it was 8pm and they had dinner.

On Thursday she went back to City Y, her manager told her about the new upcoming drama and that she have been selected as the female lead. She was surprised since she didn't even auditioned, the whole year ended with her shooting dramas. All her dramas have been the talk of China, her fame was on top of the industry. She was in the top 5 of best actresses/actors rank this year and she was in demand.

She was busy relaxing on the couch with her eyes closed when the door of her apartment barged open, before she can register what was happening a cute dumpling face was already infront of her struggling to breath.

"Who's chasing you?", she asked with brows furrowed

"Water....", Xianxian said trying to catch breath and Wei Wei gave her water

"What's wrong?", Xianxian just gave her an envelope

"Golden Phoenix Awards?", she raised her left brow as she asked

"Wei Wei you have been invited to Golden Phoenix Awards!", Xianxian couldn't hide her excitement

"Oh"

"Oh? Is that all you can say? Don't you understand the meaning of this invitation?"

"What do you want me to do? Cry or scream running around the building? Anyway what's up with this invitation that made you lose your mind like this"

"You don't understand, Golden Phoenix Awards are more of Oscar Awards here in China. They are based on each year's performances and select best entertainers all over China, so it's not only here in City Y but the whole country do you understand that?", she explained the whole thing without even sparing a blink

"Oh, so where are they being held?"

"City X", Wei Wei thought for a while before responding

"Ok, there is still a month to prepare so relax", she said standing up to prepare food for them

That same day Golden Phoenix Awards announced the categories and nominees and how fans can vote, though Wei Wei is just a new in the industry she was all over the categories and not everyone was happy about it. Some people started to slander on internet but Wei Wei was no where to be seen on internet lately but that didn't mean Mortals would just stand by and watch their goddess being trashed by Jim and Jack.

Wei Wei was too busy with other things to care about what was happening on internet, since she finished shooting all her dramas she decided to rest and not take up and work. She was focused on her advocate work more so planned to start taking jobs next year since she still have unreleased works, she is a human and deserve to rest.

Her company didn't mind since she worked non stop through out the year without resting and took up all scripts they gave her plus the understand that she is not only an actress but and advocate too so she have to focus on both. QiQ Entertainment have been the talk of media and many people were starting to pay attention to it, it's reputation that was almost on the ground have suddenly rose over night because of Wei Wei's success.

Wei Wei have been spending most of her time at B2Y in her office lately, she have so legal presentations that she had to deal with in coming weeks and since she already spoke before hand that she won't be taking cases her assistance was still seeked by many people. So she was always getting invites from different law firm to join them but she choose to work for the state since she know about shady things that happens in these law firms so she chose not to be controlled by anyone and work for the state.

She was respected and no one dared to offend her since she have vicious methods of dealing with her enemies. Wei Wei's aura differs with her personalities, her aura in the industry is more of playful and layed back while in law industry it's more of a sorceress which makes it hard for people to approach her. She was busy reading some files she suddenly remembered that she does not have a dress for the awards ceremony, she suddenly stood up and went to Yaoyao's office.

"Yaoyao?"

"What's up?"

"I need a dress for the Golden Phoenix Awards,  can you help?", Yaoyao's eyes brightened up

"My Wei Wei want to wear my design for her first Chinese awards ceremony", she said wiping away fake tears which made Wei Wei rolled her eyes

"So what do you want? I mean the design and style"

"Surprise me, I will allow you to go crazy this once"

"Wuuu! My Wei Wei is the best, let me start working", Wei Wei left and went back to her office