Chapter II - Reality Check

(Y/n) returns to the Gojo Estate, just as she told her new student. They meet at the same spot they had their first encounter and walk together around the garden, side by side. The seventeen year old makes the decision to share a bit about herself to Satoru, since she had learned plenty of information about him from Yaga.

"My cursed technique is called "Standstill." It lets me stop time completely. Though that all depends on how far it can expand on my surroundings. Fighting range, to be more accurate. I can't exactly stop time of the entire world." (Y/n) says. "Follow me?"

Satoru tries to restate her words. "So your cursed technique can stop time, but not time itself?"

"Correct!" (Y/n) praises him.

"Eh? What kind of cursed technique is that?" Satoru wears an unimpressed look.

(Y/n) blushes heavily, embarrassed. "S-Shut up! It's a cool technique, for your information! It's because of my cursed technique, that I'm the strongest among Jujutsu High!" She and Satoru stop walking.

"Really?" Satoru wasn't convinced.

"Yes, really!" (Y/n) growls. "And I'll prove it to you." She spots a tree up ahead and smiles, an idea popping right into her head. "Perfect!" She runs ahead until she reaches to the tree. Satoru takes it upon himself to follow her. "This tree will be our test subject." She extends out an arm to the side, right in front of Satoru. "Stay back, Satoru." Her smile widens the longer she stares down at the tree before her.

Satoru was anticipating some needless extravagant show that wouldn't be to his liking. This was because he still didn't see (Y/n) as a teacher to begin with. To him, she was still just some girl that just so happened to be here, assigned with a task to take care of him and teach him of the jujutsu community.

But before he knew it, the tree in front of Satoru had a huge hole through the center, a strong gust of wind pushing his short white back slightly. He blinks a few times, attempting to recollect his thoughts to remember how exactly the hole manifested.

"Did that tree fall...on its own?" Satoru asks.

"Of course not." (Y/n) answers with a smug look. "That was because of me."

"You?" Satoru now wears a face of disbelief. "But, how?"

"I stop time for one second and punched through the tree." (Y/n) lifts a fist slightly, the same fist she used to make the hole. "Notice how there's no scratches? That's because I used my cursed energy. I can manipulate my cursed technique to explode the second it collides with something. Since you were in my range, you didn't notice how I stopped time. Those that get caught in my fighting range can almost never tell when I use my cursed technique."

Satoru was impressed. For the first time in years, he was impressed. "Wow..." He quirks up an eyebrow. "Then, can I do something like that?" He points at the hole (Y/n) made on the tree.

"Hopefully." (Y/n) nods. "With enough time and patience, you just might be the strongest one of these days." She closes her eyes when she directs her bright smile at Satoru. "Should we get started?"

The two go to a large field of grass built at a secluded area within the Gojo Estate, all alone. There, (Y/n) starts her first lesson.

"Everyone's trained to produce cursed energy using the faintest sparks of emotions. They've also trained on how to not waste cursed energy when emotions are flaring, too." (Y/n) lectures the small boy that stands before her. "There are several methods to train this. I'll be having you use an annoying one."

'An annoying one?' Satoru wonders. 'Just how annoying can it get?'

"You'll be sitting down on that spot, right where you're standing, and sit. Doing absolutely nothing." (Y/n) proclaims.