Chapter XI - The Name Of This Feeling

[12 Years Later - 2007]

"Huh?" Is the first thing that comes out of eighteen-year-old Satoru's mouth when he was told of the sudden news by his homeroom teacher, Masamichi Yaga.

"Don't make me repeat myself." Yaga insists. "Suguru killed everyone in the village and--"

"I heard you the first time." A hint of annoyance can be heard in Satoru's voice. "That's why I said, Huh?" He clearly wasn't pleased by what he had learned that afternoon.

Yaga would also mention, "Suguru's old home was already an empty husk, as well. Though, from the bloodstains and residuals, he most likely killed his parents, too--"

"LIKE HELL HE DID!" Satoru assumes that this was a joke of some kind, no matter how messed up it would've been it if really was; his closest friend, one of his only friends, had committed mass murder despite being so good-hearted? Who exactly would believe it on the spot?

"Satoru." And from his own share of experiences, Yaga has never seen anything like it either, so his own input hardly done any good for Satoru. "I don't understand what's going on, either." He looks as though he was undergoing his own share of distress, but he was keeping himself composed unlike Satoru, who has yet to process this new mess.

~•~

It wasn't long before the culprit himself, Suguru, was spotted at Shinjuku. Satoru hadn't thought twice in confronting him once he caught him in his sight, in the middle of a wide sidewalk that was apart of a plaza. "Explain yourself, Suguru." No civilian that was tending to their own errands and whatnot would pay any mind to the conversation that he and Suguru were now going to have.

Suguru refuses to even spare his former friend a look. "You already heard from Shoko, right? That's all there is to it."

"So you're just going to kill everyone who's not a sorcerer?" Satoru expressed pure anger from his end. "Even your parents?!"

"I can't allow my parents to be a special exception." Suguru says simply. "Besides, those people aren't my family anymore."

"That's not what I was asking!" Satoru felt as though his patience was being tested at that moment. "I thought we weren't allowed to kill when there's no point to it!" He contradicts Suguru's new philosophy with his old one, now implemented into Satoru.

"There is a point to it." Suguru admits that he has begun to have a change of heart. "Significance, too. Even a great cause."

"There's not!" Satoru protests. "You're going to kill all non-sorcerers and create a world of only jujutsu sorcerers?! You know that's impossible! There's no point in chipping away bit by bit at something you can't possibly do!" He probably knows, deep down, that it is possible but the thought that Suguru himself would do that kind of dirty work brought him great devastation; because then that would mean they were no longer comrades or friends, but now enemies.

"How arrogant." Suguru grumbles.

"Huh?!"

"You could do it, couldn't you, Satoru?" And just like that, Suguru had contradicted Satoru's belief instead. "Yet you would try to convince someone else that it's impossible to do something that's possible for you?" Suguru would finally turn to Satoru and make eye contact, before offering the question, "Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or does being the strongest make you Satoru Gojo?"