Chapter IX - You Look More Happier

(Y/n) had finished another day of school. And she always does, she stops by the Gojo House to continue Satoru's training; but this afternoon was quite different from any other. Instead of staying at the Gojo House, (Y/n) had insisted on hosting today's training outside of the facilities, no questions asked.

Satoru couldn't understand why his mentor had took her to the town's notorious park of all places, "Are we really going to train here?" He notices that (Y/n) was leading him to the playground specifically, "Won't we be drawing in attention?" He anticipates that there was a reasonable motive behind this change of setting, "Oh, is there a cursed spirit here?! Is this going to be my first mission?"

"Of course not." (Y/n) replies back in a sheepish smile, "You're still too young to go on missions. And besides, even if it were, wouldn't you think I'd ask you to dress into your uniform?" Satoru didn't even realize that he wasn't in his sorcery uniform, but instead in his casual clothing. The sight of the pout brings a few chuckles from the grade one sorcerer, "Don't worry. We're here for a much better reason." She stops walking once she thought she was at a fair distance from the playground, and she crouches down when she had moved to stand next to Satoru, "Since you've been working so hard lately, I thought it'd be nice to give you a day where you can have a little fun."

Satoru reacts with ambitious eyes that glitter in awe, "Seriously? You mean I can play here?!" He had only stopped by the playground once, and it was already in love with the place; but considering his circumstance, it wasn't an everyday thing that he could do.

(Y/n) hums in agreement, "You deserve it, Satoru-kun. Go and have fun." She pats a hand on his back to gesture him to run towards the playground, "We won't be training today."

Satoru didn't even plan on playing by himself, "Then, let's go!" (Y/n) told herself she should've known better, because she's get dragged with Satoru to the playground; but it's not like she had the heart to deny the little of his innocent desires.

One of the first things that the two would do was going down on the giant slide together; it was wide enough for fit both of them, enabling them to ride down the slope that formed several circles that brought them goosebumps and joy. Both of them laughed ever so gleefully; while (Y/n) secures Satoru by the waist, Satoru was holding out his arms in the air.

The laughter never stopped from Satoru's end of the never-ending joy he was experiencing that day, as it was visible when he rides on the seesaw and gets lifted up in the air. He just couldn't contain his happiness from a smile alone; he was having the time of his life.

When (Y/n) is the one being pushed off the ground, from her side of the seesaw, she praises him in between her own fits of laughter, "Not bad!"

Satoru would have to say that the swings were the best part of the playground, given how high he would go and experience the constant exhilaration of being so high up, "Higher, higher!" He exclaims happily, while lowering down and returning back to (Y/n), who was the one pushing him forward.

"Okay then..." (Y/n) puts in more strength behind the next push she gives, "--...off you go!" She sends Satoru at much greater height that influences him to laugh even harder than a few seconds ago, which convinces her to smile along with him.

And then the two would just run around the playground to play a few rounds of tag. (Y/n) would always end up being the one that had to chase Satoru, but for the most part she was more than willing to encourage the boy to act no different from how any other child would in such a fun game.

"I'm going to get you!" (Y/n) only say this to tease the little boy, not planning to tag him just yet; she was going easy on the competitiveness for the sake of his gleefulness.