Chapter 15

You know that I'd rather drown
Than to go on without you

Song: Oceans, by Seafret

***

2020, July 18th, Saturday | 5 pm

Aster's P.O.V:

"Nice place." Calvin praises, looking around as soon as we step into Harry's apartment.

"Thanks." I answer automatically, though I've had nothing to do with the decoration. "Come, I'll show you your room and then I'll give you a little tour."

Calvin follows me inside, only stopping by the gallery to pet Tate, who's going insane around his feet.

He arrived in NY this morning, and after picking him up at the airport we went to his favorite coffee house in the city. We had so much to talk about, our coffee turned into a brunch, but I'm glad it did.

I told him everything.

About S&L, the contracts, Erin and Penny, Maddie, EJ, Eve, Desmond, Harry. Everything about Harry and I's situation, from our fight after I was kidnapped, to the I had to leave him to search for my sister, all the extra time I've spent in Fiji trying to convince Maddie to come back with me, and how Harry traveled there to bring me back.

I told him about Penny staying in his place, and that Harry thought Erin could've been his. Even the panic attacks and my difficulty to deal with the way Harry kept things from me; I said it all.

He was shocked, of course he was. And also kinda pissed that I've kept so much from him for so long, but he also understands this is not something I could tell him via Facetime. He's amazing like this.

So amazing, even though he is on my side over everything that happened, he also understands Harry's reasons and is genuinely worried about the panic attacks. It took me a while to convince Calvin to stay at Harry's, but when I mentioned the attacks he caved in.

They haven't seen each other yet - Harry is spending the day at the hospital with his father, while Anne is in his apartment recovering from spending two nights in a roll at the hospital.

"Here's your room." I smile, opening the guest room I was sleeping in until last night. "There's a en-suite bathroom behind that door, and you can close the blackout curtains using the remote control over the nightstand."

"Fancy." Calvin pouts, entering the room and looking around. "And it smells like you! The premium combo I'm guessing."

"Oh, sorry about that... I was sleeping here before last night, but I had the sheets changed for you. I guess my cologne is stronger than I anticipated."

"It's lovely, bella mia." Calvin smiles. Rolls his suitcases to the foot of the bed, then turns to look at me. "Let's see the rest of the house!"

Harry's home is a two-story penthouse, so giving Calvin the tour takes a little longer than you would expect, but once I've shown him every room, except Harry's, we go back downstairs to the balcony's couch. I've just opened a bottle of wine and served us a couple of different cheeses, so can spend time just like we always do when he's visiting.

"Just like old times." Calvin chuckles, stretching his arms and legs, his whole body shaking as he does it. "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you too, more than I can explain." I smile, taking a sip from my wine.

He doesn't have any idea of how much I've been missing him. With everything that happened lately, I've really missed having a friend around, someone who I can talk to without having to hear Harry's side all the time, with people trying to convince me of all of his reasons to do what he did.