Wake Me Up

It was deathly quiet.

No low hum of a facility, no sounds of the night; people walking, talking, lights and generators making a racket, though she knew wherever she was wasn't outdoors.

The room was cool, verging on cold. It seeped into her bones, the blanket covering her providing what little warmth it offered for her body to steal away.

She was in a bed. Not a very comfortable bed, but it was passable.

Maybe she had been dreaming.

Maybe this was some sort of twisted nightmare she was being subjected to.

She wanted to wake up, needed to wake up.

          ...wake up.

          Wake up.

          Wake up!

          Let me out!

          Please!

          Let me go!

          ...Chloe!

She lazily rolled onto her back; the room was dark even with her eyes still closed however, she immediately knew someone was watching her. As always, she responded candidly to their presence.

"I had a very unusual dream..."

Tilting her head forwards off of the makeshift pillow, she cracked one eye open slightly, her hand coming up to rub any residual dust out of her eyes.

"...Faraday, why do you look like Dr. Richtofen?" She sleepily asked.

The man stared from the bottom of the bed, siting back in a rather spindly metal chair.

As she continued to move around waking her senses up further, the man phasing in and out of sight from long, sleepy blinks, she noticed the room was a hospital wing; curtains either side separating hospital beds from one another.

Now becoming more aware of the room and herself, adjusting her eyes to the non-existent dim lighting, she took to examining her left hand. The index finger had no grey clamped device nor any tubes running from her arms. "Wow, you didn't even bother to put a pulse oximeter on. What kind of medical doctor are you?"

He continued to stare, now with the added bonus of an arm-folding and a side-tilted head.

"And what is a pulse oximeter?" He replied with sarcastic curiosity.

Propping herself up on one of her elbows, her brief description of it was straight to the point, and informative enough for any regular person to understand, "Goes on finger... checks oxygen level... Dr. Aoyagi... One of five vitals... you should know this." Skipping over the part where it was created long after 1945 and most of the other details, it did the job. Barely.

Sitting up from the bed, she pulled her feet towards herself. They were quite cold, and she would much rather have them by her body for warmth.

Shaking them out and lazily pulling them in to sit much like a young child would, her attention was fully on the Doctor.

Richtofen had to stifle his expression of utter astonishment as she had somehow managed to effortlessly snap the leather ankle restraints from the bedframe.

It was certainly a curious phenomenon that he hoped would be explained. Now with her unable to run and obviously little of her demeanour remaining, he felt confident in getting her to answer the numerous questions and thoughts he had accumulated about her.