Well, The Zombies Start Coming

Dogs.

Some people like them, some don't.

Some are allergic

Some complain that cats or any other pet is much worse than a dog.

Some would agree to disagree.

These dogs however...

I think everyone can agree these are not likable dogs.

In fact, they're sheer size is as big as the average size of a grey wolf.

Maybe, even bigger.

But not as big as the extinct Dire wolf, though it is a possibility.

Two flashes of light. Both probably down the aisle. Two barely lit figures, prowling.

More bounding, quadrupedal creatures lay concealed within, their burning embers only giving away their position at a much closer proximity – as the men could see only fog.

Red eyes barely cutting through until it was too late.

A strangled howl more akin to a roar coursed through as another ball of lighting crashed down to the side of the stage, behind them from the dressing room entrance.

A flash of light here, there, over in that vague direction.

Stalking their prey.

The four, varying in closeness to middle-aged men, were on edge, prepared for anything that might jump out. Looking around with weary eyes for their targets – at the very least trying to find some semblance of the enemy in the dense fog.

Had they been encircled? They could hardly tell.

I mean, when you can only see about two feet in front of you, you know something's bound to go wrong.

Don't ask how the dogs traverse it; Light can only do so much to bend through a building filled with some supernatural cloud on the floor.

Just be glad none of the men had shot each other... yet.

By accident or on purpose.

Debatable from Takeo's standpoint, obviously, but you can't do much with 38 hungry hellhounds lying in wait within the fog, wanting to take a bite out of you.

All of a sudden there was a rotting maw being propelled through the gloom at Captain Masaki.

With swift movement, the hound was cut through the middle, Takeo avoiding its deadly attack.

A small whimper escaped the beast before it exploded.

And all hell broke loose.

It became a mad dash to locate and accurately fire at the countless denizens who called the fog their hunting grounds.

A miracle no one had hit each other.

As another dog was cut down, Takeo reflected upon the scenario they now found themselves in. This felt worse than Der Riese; more claustrophobic, unpredictable, though the area of the stage was massive by comparison to the courtyards they had defended previous.

Another two flashes, from which its children sprung forth to tear through the warrior's flesh.

They did not get so lucky, with one's head begotten by a stray bullet from Nikolai – of all people – and the other soon receiving the same fate, his ancestor's blade slicing effortlessly through the vermin's jaws.

Another dejected, dying sound fell from beside him as what sort of looked like and sounded like Dempsey hit a dog square in its neck, severing its spine before putting a piece of lead through its skull.