16.

"What do you think?"

Namjoon asks, the two brothers are now waiting for a team to check the pub's surveillance camera outside, leaning against a wall. Taehyung hesitates to answer, still a bit worry about the bartender. He somehow feels defeated since he has no access to Hoseok's thought.

"I don't know. He seems sincere, at least. If only I could just read him, then we would know whether or not he's innocent. Now he's still a suspect."

"It's not your fault, Tae. Besides, I don't think he's our murderer. Killing an old friend you haven't met in so long for absolute no reason? Highly doubt it."

Knowing his sibling is trying to cheer him up, a small smile rose up on the latter's face.

"We can't be sure though."

Taehyung states, being positive is always a good thing. But when you're a literal FBI agent, realistic view is essential. Namjoon slowly nods.

"Of course. Still, it's better to hope for the best."

"Yeah..."

The two men stand silently next to each other, patiently waiting for their crew. After a good 10 minutes, they arrived. The brothers decided to stood outside the pub and wait for further notice, while the cameras are being checked.

"Sir, you have to see this."

An agent rushed outside, Namjoon glance over to Taehyung, both sharing a concern look. The guy shows them a footage of Hye Jin sitting at the bar, casually drinking and chatting with Hoseok. It all seems normal until they notice her sneaking a hand under the bar's table, looking like she was sticking something down there. The camera couldn't record it clearly, but for a brief moment, a white piece of paper was shown.

"Seems like our victim left us a message. I presume you have found it?"

The agent nods while letting them have a look at the small hand-written note wrapped in a plastic packet. It's a bit crumple, small traces of tape can be seen on the other side of it. On it, written a combination of both letters and numbers.

"Is this...the username and password of our victim on some sort of website? Social media, perhaps?"

Taehyung states after observing the piece of evidence, he's also written them down in his handbook.

"Well whatever it is, Hye Jin wanted us to find out. This could potentially lead us right to the killer. Say, have the victim house been searched? Any electronic devices that could be useful for this information here?"

"The other team reported that they found a personal laptop and a phone at the victim's house. No examination has been made on them, though."

"Until today. We'll look into them. Good job on finding this, inform us if there's any more evidence."

After leaving the pub and heading back to the FBI headquarters, our favorite sibling head straight to the storing room to have a look at the victim's devices.

And now, laying in front of them is a laptop and a phone. Both are wearing gloves to prevent having their fingerprint on. Normally there would be a technical team that does this kind of stuff but they insisted on doing it themselves. Namjoon wishes to put an end to Flower Killer's name as soon as possible, so does Taehyung.

"Which one should we start on?"

"I'll do the phone, laptop's all yours."

Taehyung said, grabbing the phone to observe it first. A black Iphone 8 with no case, nothing too out of place. He then proceed to open it, and press the Home button, expecting to see a lock and a password required. Strangely, he's brought straight to the home screen, no fingerprint or identification need.

"That's odd. Who wouldn't put a safety pass on their personal phone? She left us a paper with what seems to be a social media account with a password, yet there's none on her lock screen. Does that seems weird to you?"

Taehyung looks over at his brother, frowning due to confusion.

"Yes...her laptop doesn't have a pass also."

Namjoon agreed, he was also expecting that the password she's left is for her computer and phone.

"Hm, okay. So our victim is a blogger, correct? I was told that she's famous for posting extreme controversial posts and have gotten death threats over it. Her life was literally on the line due to the attacks she was getting on the internet.

Let's say, hypothetically of course, that she lost her phone, or you know, she was hacked. And with her devices having no proper protection like this, anyone could open them, access her personal information and use that against her. I've read some of the posts in my free time and I'm pretty sure she knows how hated she was. So why would she take this much of a risk..."

Taehyung stood up, walking back and forth in the room. Talking his thoughts out load in order to find an answer. Namjoon is also brain-storming why she would do this. After just a bit, it finally hits both of them.

"Unless..."

He looks at his brother dead in the eyes, the answer was right in front of them.

"She knew she was going to be murdered soon, therefore leaving us a last message in her unlocked devices and her social media account."

_____________________________

Vantea: Hi! I honestly don't know if this story make sense to a lot of people and whether or not it has plot holes here and there, so please feel free to tell me when some part don't match up with each other. I would be more than happy to fix them and to make the book more enjoyable.