1.

"Hey, daydreaming again?"

Namjoon patted on Taehyung's shoulder - who's deeply in thoughts, making him startled. Taehyung bring his gaze to the elder, shaking his head while trying to forget the images in his mind.

"No, I just...bad thoughts."

Namjoon nodded, he understood what the other meant by that. They have been friends since God knows how long. Namjoon was just slightly older but they get along, both have a lot in common and just sticks together.

"Tae, boss wanna see you."

Jin open the door, sticking his head in just to say the sentence then left. Both Namjoon and Taehyung look confused.

"Is he in a rush or something?"

"I don't know, you're the one that can read minds, you know?"

Namjoon shrugs, giving Taehyung the "you know what I mean" look. Taehyung roll his eyes.

He's not wrong. Taehyung is well, gifted. He's telepathic. Like, can actually read your minds and shit. He figured that he got this "gift" at about 8, when people's thoughts just randomly popped into his head. It's weird, or rather terrifying to a 8 year old to go through that. He told his parents after that, of course, and they thought he was mad. They straight up threw him in an asylum. No goodbyes, no explanation, they just left him there. His childhood was completely changed. No rainbows or unicorns, only pain and terror. It was hell to him. They treated him like animals, well, worst than animal. They made him believe that he is indeed, a lunatic. But he see through them, quite literally, he knew all their tricks so he never fell for them. And he thanked God when they allow him to have some education. At least "some" is better than "none". After spending 3 years in asylum, they finally let him out.

That's when he met Namjoon. Namjoon was a quiet kid, he saw Taehyung lying somewhere not far from the asylum. Taehyung was slim and small back then, they didn't fed him well. Namjoon brought him back home to live with his family. Since they have the same last name, adopting was super easy and Taehyung started to open up again. He saw Namjoon's parents as his own since his actual family abandoned him. They were happy, Namjoon's parent actually knew about Taehyung's gift. They were surprised at first, but then started to understand and convince him that he can do so much more with his ability.

He and Namjoon both joined FBI. They wanted to help people, and with Taehyung's gift, the FBI has never been more blessed. Criminals are getting caught easily since he knew what's in their head. Taehyung once thought being telepathic is a curse, since it turned his life upside down. But he consider it something unique about himself 'cause let's be honest, how many people are telepathic? That's right, none, other than him. If not because of this, he wouldn't have a happy family like now and couldn't have helped so many people.