23

The next day, he was sitting on the couch with Gon. Kurapika, Leorio, Alluka, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu were sitting on chairs, although one of them had to stand up and Alluka had to sit on someone's lap. He could tell that Kurapika and Leorio were still mad at him, but Alluka seemed to regret her anger by the look on her face. Kurapika crossed his arms. "would you like to explain to us all why you ran off for three weeks?" he bit his lip, glancing over at Gon. "I can tell them, it was my fault anyways" Kurapika growled. "it isn't, if Killua hadn't-" he felt Gon's anger spike and he shot a glare at Kurapika. "stop blaming him! He's not at fault here!" Killua flattened his ears and turned away. Why does everybody have to be mad at each other? Why is the air so tense? Why's it so loud? They were going back and forth until Kurapika yelled something that made him flinch. "if he wasn't such a coward, than we wouldn't be here!" Gon got to his feet, slamming his hands on the table. "HE DIDN'T RUN OUT OF FEAR FOR HIMSELF!"

Killua covered his ears, it was all too loud. And everybody's fighting, why do they have to fight? Should I just leave? He felt tears sting the corners of his eyes. Am I causing problems? I should just go, if I'm making everyone yell- "EVERYBODY SHUT UP" Tanjiro yelled. He gasped and glanced up, Tanjiro looked mad. He never gets mad, not in the months I've known him has he ever held such anger in his voice. The room fell silent, presumably because they had the same thought as he did. "Killua, come here" he tried to hide his face as he walked over. Killua felt like a problem right now, like he just made everything worse just by being there. Wait, is Tanjiro mad at me? He glanced up nervously, but Tanjiro's expression wasn't angry anymore. It was embarrassing to show himself as weak, but with Tanjiro he felt like he didn't need to hide his insecurities.

Killua let Tanjiro wrap an arm around him, leaning into his side a little. "would you just let Gon explain what happened? I don't know the full story but I've seen for myself how close their bond is. If Killua ran, he must have had a very good reason" Gon cleared his throat. "as I was trying to say" he started, shooting another glare at Kurapika. "I suggested something really stupid" Kurapika sighed. "please elaborate" he said. Gon rubbed the back of his head. "well, since Killua needs blood to function properly, I thought. Why not have some of my blood?" there was dead silence, Killua shoved his face into Tanjiro's shoulder, ears still flattened. "by suggesting that, I ended up accidently putting a new fear into his mind that he never considered before. That fear should be obvious, and I'm not going to say it because it will not happen." the last part seemed to be projected in his direction.

I've gotten over that, what I can't stand is everyone being mad at me for something I already hate myself for. Killua had promised himself that he would never leave Gon's side, and he broke that promise. But I did it to protect him, I never would have left him otherwise. He took a few deep breaths, then put up his monotone expression and let his ears unflatten, turning and sitting on the edge of a nearby chair. He saw Kurapika pause for a few seconds. "I'm sor-" Gon interrupted him. "No. don't be sorry to me, be sorry to Killua. You guys treated him like shit because of something that I did. It wasn't even his fault, but you guys didn't even let him defend himself!" Gon...he watched as both Leorio and Kurapika looked ashamed of themselves for a moment. Alluka was walking over to him though, and she wrapped him in a small hug. "I'm sorry big brother, I'm sorry for being mad at you" he couldn't keep his monotone expression up any longer and he bit his lip.

"I- I guess I do kind of de-" Gon shot him a glare. "I said stop blaming yourself! It was my fault." Killua felt himself smile a little. "your too nice" Gon came over and picked him up bridal style, which made him blush furiously. "B-Baka! Put me down idiot!" Gon giggled and he covered his face with his hands. "PUT ME DOWN!" he yelled, but Gon ignored him, "nah, I think I'm gonna bring you back to our room~" he growled and tried to smack Gon, but he avoided the hit and bounced down the hallway. "DAMN YOU" Killua was dropped onto the bed, the door was locked, which made him blush even more. Why would he lock it unless he wanted to- then Gon slid down onto the bed next to him. "why don't we continue where we left off last night?" he said, with a wink. Killua flushed and turned his head away. "N-No how about we do-" Gon cut him off by pressing their lips together. Damn I- it... he tastes so nice. Killua stopped struggling and leaned into it, his eyes falling shut. "Nh~"

The kiss was sweet, it wasn't intense or aggressive. But they were both fine with that, just being able to be here with each other was good enough. He felt tears roll down his cheeks and he pressed forward a little. I missed you so much. One of Gon's hands ran through his hair, combing it with his fingers as he tilted his head to the side a little to deepen the kiss. His other wiped his tears away gently. He hadn't so much as thought about Gon for the last couple weeks, he had been trying so hard to push down his emotions. But he couldn't do that anymore, and all the bottled up sadness came rushing out of his eyes. Gon pulled back and he cried softly into his shoulder. "I thought you were over this" he murmured quietly. He clutched at Gon's back a little. "I- I-" Gon ran his fingers through Killua's fluffy white locks, and he felt the tears slow a little. I feel so tired... when was the last time I slept? He couldn't remember. Had it been the day before or three? Killua felt his eyes grow heavy. "I love you" he said softly, right before he drifted into a comfortable sleep.

Gon gently lay Killua on the bed in a more comfortable position, laying his head on the pillow and covering him with the blanket. I love you too Killua. He knew how much it hurt him to leave, Killua probably would cry like that again at least once. He unlocked the door and left, it was about noon. He avoided Kurapika, he was still pissed at him for getting on Killua like that. I know he was just worried for me, but he didn't have to blame it all on him. Kurapika was usually cool headed, which was what worried him. Well I mean, we were gone for like 5 months, and then Killua ran away for nearly another. "hey" he glanced over at Tanjiro, who had a worried expression. He walked over to him and he gave him a small smile. "I'm sure you guys will sort things out, sometimes things like that happen" he bit his lip. "but, for the two years we've been together... it hasn't." Tanjiro ruffled his hair a little, like how Killua always did. "they'll get over it" he sighed. "yeah I guess, anyways I feel like going out" Gon had to tell people when he left now, so he didn't do something stupid.

Tanjiro nodded. "alright, make sure to be back in an hour ok?" he waved to him as he ran out the door. "see ya!" Gon grabbed Killua's knife, he wanted to go hunt some animals or something. Honestly he wasn't sure what he wanted to do, but it felt good to be outside in the sun. "Gon!" Alluka ran up to him, and he smiled. "yeah?" she grabbed his hand. "can I come too?" he giggled a little, "sure!" Alluka was older than the last time he saw her, so she had more endurance. It wasn't quite a Zoldyck's endurance yet but she could lift 10 KGs effortlessly now. Which I'm sure scared the shit out of Zenitsu, hehe. As he was exploring, he came across a cluster of flowers. Oooh, those are pretty. He gathered a few of them and chained them together as best he could.

 He gathered a few of them and chained them together as best he could

"here" he placed it on Alluka's head and she beamed. Killua's little sister is so adorable! I wish I had a little sister. Although, did he really? Thinking about his other siblings he wasn't sure if he wanted one. Then he smelled something. I wonder what that is. The scent was difficult to detect, but he followed it. It kept getting stronger, and Alluka's grip tightened on his hand a little as they stopped at a cave. "why did you bring us here?" he activated En and saw that there was someone in the cave. "there's someone in there" Alluka's eyes widened. "really?" he nodded, then quickly slipped a hand in the pockets of Killua's shorts, he was still wearing them. Good, I have his yoyos. If anything went wrong, he knew vaguely how to defend himself with those. Let's see what's waiting for me.

1610 words

To be continued...