nineteen

Today was the day of Jeno and Aera's performance. The two of them were waiting backstage as they waited for their turn to perform. The room filled with students and teachers.

"Are you scared?" He asked her, seeing as his girlfriend had been walking back and forth for the past minute as she mumbled uncoherent words.
"Sort of.. what if I messed up? What if I like tripped on stage or something." She rambled in anxiousness. OK she was also a bit pressured since her brother and mother would be there to watch her. If you're wondering about her dad, he's busy working out of the country. That's why she doesn't really talk about him that much.

"Come here." He told her and pulled on her arms. Making her sit on his lap, as one of his arms were wrapped around her waist.
"You're going to perform amazingly, you'll be just fine. I promise." He reassures her and caressed the back of her head.
"Are you really sure?" She questions him, bitting the bottom of her lips worriedly.
"Of course I'm sure. My girlfriend is an amazing singer so she'll perform perfectly. No mistakes being made." Jeno holding onto her hand and kissed the back of her palms.

*knock knock*
"Jeno, Aera you guys are up!" Someone called out from outside as the two of them got up.
"Thank you nono." Aera giving him a kiss on the cheeks before dragging him outside.

"Next performance we have Jeno and Aera from the music department!" The MC introduced, signalling the couples to enter the stage as they did so. From up there Aera could see both her mother and brother. The two of them quietly cheering for her, Doyoung could be seen mouthing out a 'you could do it sis!' This somehow encourages her to perform well. She could also see her three friends cheering loudly for her.
"AERA YOU COULD DO IT!" Eric and giselle shouted while holding up a banner with Aera's name on it. Chaeryeong who sat besides them could only cover her face in embarrassment, why are her friends like this? Why can't her friends just act like normal human beings for once.

"You ready?" Jeno asked, rubbing the back of her hands lightly as she nodded her head to indicate that he could start playing the guitar.

Oh baby, I'll take you to the sky
Forever you and I, you and I, you and I
And we'll be together till we die
Our love will last forever and forever, you'll be mine
You'll be mine

Ending the song there as the room eroded in applause.
"Amazing performance by Aera and Jeno. I must confess that this performance made me feel like I was in love hahaha." The MC spoke. Aera and Jeno smiling at him before they took their bow and fled the stage.

"You did amazing up there." Jeno spoke and messed up her hair. Aera looking up at him with her doe eyes before she flashed him a smile.
"Not me but we!" She corrected him as he rolled his eyes playfully at her.
"Oh my bad. We did amazing up there." He said as she let out a chuckle before hugging him.

--- 🎸

9:30pm in Aera's room

Jeno was currently over at Aera's place. Her mother currently working a night shift and her brother staying over at one of his friends apartment after taking his afternoon class because he was too lazy to drive back home. Thus why her mother asked Jeno if he could spend the night over at their place to look after Aera. Making sure that she was safe and doing alright back at home to which he obviously agreed to.

The two of them were now currently sat outside in Aera's balcony. A blanket covering both of their bodies and a cup of hot chocolate in front of them as they enjoyed their time stargazing whilst telling each other a few stories from their childhood.

"Jeno." Aera suddenly called out, making the boy glance over at her.
"Yes baby."
"You know that we're graduating next week. Is there like a goal that you wish to accomplish in the future?" She asked him.
"Why suddenly ask this?" He said a little taken aback from her question.
"I don't know, I just felt like asking you that." She responded and laid her head againts his shoulders. Jeno pulling her closer by the waist so that she could lay her head on his chest instead.

"Something I want to accomplish in the future hmm?? Maybe just get good grades and marry you." He wholeheartedly replied. Aera letting out a soft laugh as she lightly hit his arms.
"You're already thinking that far."
"Of course, there's nothing else that I could really think off. Getting a job? I could just take over my dad's business once he retires, so all I could only focus on now is my studies and you." He stated.
"How about you babe?"

"I want to pursue my dream of becoming a singer. I want to be able to sing my own songs that I've written." She replied, her boyfriend only smiling at her.
"Just remember to not forget about me once you become famous." He reminded her, causing her to chuckle.
"Of course not. You're my boyfriend after all, I can never forget about you. Compared to my dreams, you'd always be my first priority." She told him. His eyes dissappearing and turning into crescents, resembling the moon in the sky.
"And you're my number one priority as well." He replied whilst pulling her into his embrace.

°°°
Triple update bec I'm feeling generous and bec its eid 😩 I just hope that some people would know that song lol. Anjir it took me so long to find it, ik that there's another version but I'm too lazy to search for  it 🥲👍🏼