final

This last chapter,, It might be a possible spoiler for cold season 3 🥸 who knows hmm, but yeah 18 year old Sang-hyun let's go. Also a very short chapter bec my brain is dead and it's frozen. I've ran out of ideas lol.

Aera was now currently cooking dinner. She was cooking dinner a bit early since she had to leave later. She was going to go over to Doyoung's place and catch up with him since the both of them finally had a day where they weren't busy. Y'knaw the usual sibling bonding time ( ´(エ)ˋ )

*durgh!

The front door could be heard shutting. The loud noise startling Aera as she looked back to see Sang-hyun back from school. He came into the kitchen with an annoyed look on his face, moreover making Aera confused as to why he's even come home in this state.

"Hyunnie I made dinner for you." Aera spoke as she took off her apron and flashed him a smile. The boy only staying quiet, giving his mother an unpleasant look as he gulped down his glass of water.
OK Aera was really concerned now for her son. Why is he acting this way.

"Hyun are you ok? You know that you could talk about it right with me if you're having a hard time or if you're having a problem." She said.
"Mom not now." He said aggravated and was about to leave the kitchen when she held onto his hand.
"Are you not going to eat dinner? It's going to get cold and your father will be home in a few minutes-"
"MOM CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M NOT IN THE MOOD. CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR A SECOND GOSH." He exclaimed at her, letting out a scoff at the end as Aera let's go of his hand.

The boy then leaving and going to his room upstairs. Slamming the door closed.
Aera just standing there in shock.

"Are you going to just stand there and not scold him?" Jeno spoke, startling the girl when seeing his figure going over to her.
"I think he needs some space. Hyun is probably going through puberty, hence why he's acting like that." Aera replied, only having a thin line on her face.
This made Jeno let out a sigh.

"Aera, so what if he's going through puberty? It doesn't give him the rights to act that way towards you when you were just asking him if he was OK. You know sometimes it's ok to be mad at someone, it's fine to say no to someone. It doesn't make you a bad person. You're too soft, you should get mad at him from time to time and scold him. Don't keep babying him." Jeno explained, pulling his wife into a hug as she only stood quiet.
"I know I should stop being soft to him. I'll try talking to him later, I have to go over to Doyoungie's place right now. Enjoy the food I made, oh and also if you could. Could you please tell Sang-hyun to eat as well. I don't want him starving himself for the night." She said and gave Jeno a quick peck on the cheeks before leaving the house.

Jeno could only stare as his wife left the house. He let's out yet another long sigh. If only Aera wasn't that soft and kind hearted.

The lad then going upstairs and making his way towards Sang-hyun's room. You know damn well that he was in big trouble.
As he got closer to his room, he could hear loud music being played. The hallways echoing with the song that was on. He was like listening to nct or whatever 🙄 specifically nct 127 back 2 u, like damn who hurt him lol.

*knock knock*

"Mom could you leave me alone!" He exclaimed from inside.
"Lee Sang-hyun open the door." Jeno stated. His voice sounding serious.
Music from the other side of the wall could be heard decreasing. The boy turning off his music as moments of silence was filled before the door to his bedroom was opened.

"Yes father." He said with his head hung low. Probably already witnessing him yelling at his mother.
"When talking, look into my eyes." Jeno said with no emotions evident in his voice. Sang-hyun hesitantly placing his head up and looking at his father's eyes that showed rage and disappointment.
"Let's talk about why you acted that way towards your mother. You know that your mother is soft towards you and she'd not even dare to get mad at you because you're her only child and she loves you allot. But do you even care about how she feels? She's not one to show that she feels sad, she doesn't acknowledge her own feelings. So tell me the reason why you thought shouting at your mom was a great idea?" Jeno spoke. Flashing him an innocent smile at the end as his son just stood there terrified.

--- 🎸

8:45 pm

"I'm home." Aera called out softly once she had arrived back home from Doyoung's place.
Loud footsteps could be heard running through the corridors. Aera looking up to see Sang-hyun running towards her.

"Mom!" He said and pulled her into a hug. Making her flinch when she felt tears on her shoulders. This of course making her worry. She later then sees Jeno going down the stairs as he made his way to the kitchen. Flashing her an eyesmile as she gave him a mad and confused look.

"Come sit down here." She said and motioned for them to sit on the couch.
Sang-hyun still sniffing as he couldn't stop crying.
"Did your dad get mad at you? I told him that he should take it easy and stop being so harsh towards you." Aera asked him as the boy only shook his head.
"I-i deserved that scolding. I don't mind." He stammered.
"Then do you mind telling me the reason to why you're crying Hyunnie?" She questions him as he pulled her to yet another hug.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. I came home from school mad and irritated because everyone kept talking about their parents and how they're going to spend their weekends with them... and I got jealous of them because I usually spend my weekends alone since you and dad are always busy. I was mad since you're never home and got mad at you which I shouldn't. I didn't realise the efforts you put in your everyday work to take care of me. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings." He apologises, also telling her the reason as to why he got mad earlier.

His friend (well one of them) = hyuk hehe hehe...

This somehow warms her heart. She thought he despises having her as a mother earlier or something 🌚

Aera taking a hold of his face and wiping away his tears, kissing his forehead as she smiled at him.

"It's alright Hyun. I don't blame you for getting mad at us since we're never at home. You had your reasons for getting angry, but you could've just spoken about it with me and your father if it's been bothering you allot that we're never home. I'm sure that the two of us would've talked things out and take a break just to spend time with you." She stated as he looked at her with shimmering eyes.
"Really?" The boy asked while sniffing.
"Of course, how about we spend the weekends with you this week. You could decide where you'd like like to go, how does that sound?" She asked him as he flashed her his signature eyesmile.
"I'd love that. Thank you mom."

- the end -

I have to leave in a couple of minutes but I'll just say my ending statement here hahaha. Thank you to those who read this book from start till the end. I hoped you enjoyed it, actually it was such a bad idea writting this bec Jeno has been biaswrecking me for the last month and me writing this book is not helping at all 👎🏻 lmfao. Just wait one more book and then Cold s3 will be published. Its gonna take a while to write a whole book for chenle, kinda wanna make it on crack lolol 😭

This had been derysaurus 🦋