Chapter Three.

I stared at her in shock, what the actual hell! What did she mean she was in love with Nurain, how could she...what! But why did I even care, it wasn't like I liked him, and what could be better than my sister and best friend together. I should be happy, right? But I had this stupid lump in my throat that refused to go down.

   A stupid smirk made its way to samha's face " see, when I say you like him you deny it." she said rolling her eyes and she settled them on me laughing, the idiot was just joking" I was just kidding, sheesh don't murder me" she raised her hand in mock surrender.

  I'm going to kill this girllll! I haul the first pillow I find in her direction, which hit her square in the face and I burst out laughing at my victory, she did not see it coming.

  "haba Adda Du'a, I was just messing with you fah" she whined and I haul another pillow which she dogged this time around giggling. I don't know why but I was so relieved that she was joking, I was so scared that she was actually in love with nurain, what is wrong with me?

  "earth to Du'a" she brought me out of my thoughts.

  " look you Dumbo, for the umpteenth time I don't like nurain we're just friends"  I explained.

  " yeah right" she scoffed " I guess I can shoot my shot for real now" she said smirking mischievously and I gave her a glare and she raised her hand again in surrender.

  " rufamin asiri, trust me Ya Nurain is hot but I can't risk you murdering me in my sleep" she laughed annoyingly and ran out before I could even think of an answer.

  Silly girl, I glared annoyingly at the door before laying flat on my bed. I watched random stuff on my phone for a while to keep my mind off what samha said before I slept off.

  I woke up two hours later and it was after asr, I prayed and went out to mama's living room, the house looked spotless, mama was sitting on a chair with a tray of dried peanuts while umma sadiya on the carpet with a bowl of spinach which she cut.  They were casually chatting and watching an Indian soap on TV. Umma sadiya was mama's maid, an elderly lady who has been living with our family even before I was born, but she was more than a maid now she has become a part of our family. She was like a second mother to all of us.

  "hajiya Du'a an Gama baccin neh" umma sadiya said teasing me lightly and mama gave me a death glare, and I quickly averted my gaze akwardly pretending not to notice the look. I knew mama was surely going to complain about how I slept the entire day" sannu umma, sannu mama" I greeted sitting on a chair, and umma sadiya answered cheerfully while mama ignored the greeting .

  " kinsan me kikayi ai" mama said looking at me " someone will be sleeping like a jobless person all day" she ranted.

  " haba Maman Sabeer yau dai Rana daya, allow her to sleep I'm sure she's tired after all the ups and downs of the wedding" umma sadiya said trying to defend me.

  " babu wani she's just lazy" mama said setting her gaze on the soap opera playing on TV " besides what did she even do during the wedding that she's tired" mama said sending daggers my way .

   Excuse me ma'am🤔! " but mama I was the one who ran around collecting all of Adda's dresses from her tailor" I whined  " and I didn't even know when I slept off" I pouted, mama shrugged as if to say "na you Sabi".

  " I'm glad, the wedding was stressful but hitch free alhamdulillah" mama said with a smile, looking relieved.

  " yes it was, saura Kuma na Du'a inshaallah" umma sadiya chirped with a kind smile.

  " ai Du'a kam Sai addu'a, she feels like she's still a little child" mama ranted.

  I just zipped my mouth shut and concentrated on the boring show on TV even though I wasn't a least bit interested. Mama was in some mood today,and it was better to just shut up and not piss her the more before she descended on me.

" where is samha" mama asked and I shrugged.

  " she must be in her room" I replied and mama shook her head in annoyance.

  " ace gida da yanmata Har biyu, but they are all lazy" ma complained while still shaking her head, and umma sadiya just laughed heartedly.

  I stayed with mama and umma for some time before I excused myself to my room. It's been days since I checked my whatsapp, it wasn't really my thing if I wanted to talk to you I just called you. I answered a few messages before checking our friends group chat, the group was shaking with excitement and it took me like a minute to figure out what it was about.

  O.M.G!!! Asma Nasir is getting married, what!!! I quickly checked if she was online and video called her, she picked up immediately and we squeeled like four year olds.

  " kice min finally Mus'ab has sent his elders" I squeeled barely containing my joy, I mean Asma Nasir is one of the best people I've met since I started school, we've known each other for barely three years but it felt like forever, she was a very good friend of mine.

  " ni nayi fushi ai" she glared at me in annoyance.

  " what have I done now" I sighed dramatically.

  " it's now that you've decided to check on me" she scolded.

  "I'm so sorry, you know that I barely check my whatsapp" I apologized.

  "it's okay, nasan Hali ai" she shrugged it off " the wedding is in two months" she stated happily.

  I was sooo happy for them, especially Mus'ab her boyfriend (now fiancé 😅), he had really endured alot from her. For one, he chased her for a whole year before she gave him a chance, they dated for three years, before she finally allowed the poor guy to make things official, I had always admired them, and prayed for Allah to bless me with someone who would love and accept me unconditionally.

  I gave her a genuine smile " I'm so happy for you guys wlh" I said happily "especially mus'ab, that guy has suffered for you, he really loves you asma" I emphasised giving her a look while she just laughed.

  We spent almost an hour talking about how things were going to turn out, we gisted for a while before we hung up.

  I smiled genuinely happy, before I ambulated to the bathroom to perform ablution.

  I prayed Maghrib and sat on my prayer mat making Du'a and as usual, I prayed to Allah for a good loving partner, a good and healthy life, success in my every endeavor and I finally prayed for my parents and close family and friends and it was time for Isha so I also prayed it.

  I decided to go and disturb samha because, why not(😂😂)? and I haven't seen her in hours, so I headed to her room.

  I entered her room which was awfully quiet and I realised she was sleeping. I smirked wickedly, hehe payback time. I walked gently to where she laid and I crouched to her ears and yelled " samhaaaaaaaa" very loudly and she jilted awake looking very frightened.

  I clutched my stomach laughing uncontrollably while samha shot deathly glares my way, If looks could kill, I would be six feet below but the look on her face would have been so worth it.

I don't care, payback feels amaaaaze🙃.