Chapter Eight.

It's been a month since I resumed school and let's just say it has been uneventful, school work was hard as usual, we had been going on our little evening strolls with my roommates daily, just life in general.

  " hmmmm Adda Du'a akwai hot Gist" Samha the international gossiper squealed immediately I picked up the phone one Saturday evening.

  I dropped the beef shawarma i was munching on on the plate i had in front of me, i also had my laptop in front of me typing an assignment " what happened, did sabeer break up with his new girlfriend?" I asked curiously eagerly waiting for her to tell me what was up.

  "abeg fashi that one(Please leave that) it's not about that" samha said" I mean Yaya sabeer breaking up with a girlfriend is not gist" she added in an indifferent tone and I nodded, I mean she was right.

  "what's up?" I asked again picking up my shawarma.

  " hmm Adda Du'a" she squealed getting all excited once again, she was blowing it out of proportion.

  "keh! I'm listening now you're keeping me in suspense " I snapped mildly, she was getting annoying. She giggled glad that she was annoying me and I rolled my eyes.

  "okay.. Okay I'll tell you" she sighed " Abba had a guest today, hmm one fine guy like that kin ganshi omg!" she squealed again like a dying whale, okayyy but this kinda got my attention.

  " wayene? " I asked curiously, my heart hammering, please let it not be what I'm thinking, pleeaaassseee!!!

  " I don't know Sha, but I think he came because of you cause I heard Abba telling mama something about you" she spoke in a casual way.

  I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!! I KNEW ITTT!!!

  " hey, why are you so quiet" samha enquired nosily snapping me out of my thoughts, the girl can gossip for life.

  "N.. Nothing" I answered half heartedly.

  "are you suuureee? I hear wedding bells! " she sing songed in an annoying tone that I felt like smacking her.

  "i said it's nothing" I replied my voice getting little higher but trying my best to incorporate patience into my words because I was losing it already.

  "okay o, tunda na fesa miki, I gotta go bye!" samha chirped and hung up without waiting for my reply.

  I dialed Abdul's number without missing a heart beat, I wanted to give him a piece of my mind while I was still annoyed I didn't want to waste the anger and risk it going away.

  " Abdul how could you?!" I cried immediately he picked up the phone.

  " calm down babe, what happened?" Abdul said, he sounded so unremorseful and that annoyed me even more, and he even dared to call me "babe" when I had told him not to severally.

  " you went to see my dad, whyyy!?" I whined like a bartty five year old, so much for giving him a piece of my mind.

  " because you asked me to" he replied cockily sounding amused, he seemed to be enjoying my little drama as usual, this guy is insufferable uggghh!

  "but I didn't mean it, it slipped before I could think" I shrieked hysterically.

  "well what it done is done, Abba asked me to send my people next week" Abdul stated, WHAT! Innalillahi shikenan ta faru ta kare! What was i going to do now? and there wasn't a trace of humor in his voice.

  "what!" I yelled starting to hyperventilate "but..."

  "relaaax, I'm just joking he just gave me permission to be seeing you" he chuckled and I let out a small sigh of relief, okay, so the situation wasn't as bad as I thought. BUT STILL!

  The audacity of this guy, how dare he play me like that! And he was still laughing at my expense.

  " that wasn't funny" I said my nose flaring in annoyance.

  " yeah it is" he replied still laughing charmingly, oh Allah please save me.

  "how did you even get my home address?" I asked the question that had been bugging me.

  " you said it was mine to find out, so I did" he replied casually, hmm🙄.

  "but seriously Du'a, now do you believe how serious I am?" Abdul's voice deapened, I could feel how this conversation has taken a sudden serious turn and I felt a pang of nervousness, I went quiet, what was I supposed to say?!

  " bakice komai ba? " he voiced after some silence and it was as if my tongue was tied, I couldn't even open my mouth talkless of letting any words out. How was he having this effect on me?! Maryam Du'a get a grip of yourself! I scolded myself.

" Alright then, I'll call you later babe" Abdul said with a sigh, the teasing tone was back, pheww!

  "don't call me babe" I replied grudgingly finally finding my voice from the short vacation it took, but where the heck has my anger disappeared to?!

  His deep voice rang out in laughter making me swoon (I'm getting really worried about me😕!) before he hung up the phone.

  A smile I didn't approve of sneaked it's way onto my face, I don't get it I was supposed to be angry. What is happening?!

  That voice though, ughhhh! This guy knew exactly what he was doing.

  "baaabe huh?" Hanan chirped and I almost had a heart attack! I looked in the direction she was on her bed across mine to find her wiggling her eyebrows teasingly with a goofy grin on her face.

  "keh! Are you a jinn? when did you get in here?" I was alone in the room and I guess I was too engrossed to notice her getting inside the room.

" so who's babe?" she asked ignoring my question and still wiggling her eyebrows, what is wrong with this girl?!

" it's no one." I scowled pouting my lips.

   That was how that girl kept teasing me for the rest of the day until the others came back and they joined hands and forced me to tell them everything.

  No seriously, they literally sat down, had me in the middle and stared intensely at me until I finally cracked😩.

  Such a crazy bunch, but I love them all the same. You might wonder how I had my friends as roommates.

  Maryam, Hanan and I met because we had the same course, It just happened naturally and we became close.

  Habeeba was Hanan's friend and she slowly became a part of our group, because she was funny and fun. She had her well connected dad pull some strings and put us in the same room when we went to two hundred level.

  So that was how it happened, and now I wouldn't have it any other way!