Chapter Six.

" heyyy" I greeted nurain cheerfully as I slipped into the front seat of his car, I was hit with the blastering coldness of the AC just as he liked it, too cold, mixed with the signature lavender scent of his car which he said and I qoute " it calms me after a stressful day" and then mixed with his signature Tom Ford cologne, the combo was simply heavenly!

That was one of the things I loved about nurain, he was a neat freak, very organized and everything about him screamed stylish and classy, and I love guys who smell very good, I think that is one of the reasons our friendship has come this far.

" Du'a the grown up woman" he teased smiling shining his Pearly whites, as he started the smooth engine and we got on the road.

" yeahhh, I told you I could take care of myself" I said reducing the temperature of the AC cause I ain't gon' be dying here because of Mr. Nurain's obsession, no way!

"yauwa, kin fara ko," he turned mildly annoyed trying to concentrate on the road " why do you like taking control everytime you enter this car?" he complained.

" because sir," I started sassily " it's our car and I can do whatever I want in it." i completed with a grin.

Nurain just shook his head amusedly at my antics, we had this banter everytime I graced his car with my presence.

It's either turning down the AC or connecting my phone to the radio, because honestly according to me, nurain has bad music taste he listens to either Rap or traditional old hausa musicians (like mamman shata), who does that? Whereas I had a diverse music taste I listened to Naija music ( cause who doesn't😏), pop, bollywood, hausa and you name it as long as it's a good song. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with rap, sometimes I just do it to annoy him😂.

" ehenn, story time" I said adjusting my sitting position so I could face him directly which meant leaning my back to the door.

Nurain gave me a side eye and this guy trying hard not burst out laughing said" keep leaning on the door ko, if it opens kika fadi ba ruwana. "

I scowled and gave him a deadly glare my eyes turning into slits. I made to turn" shikenan I'll leave my story, and it's your rusted can's fault if the door opens" I grumbled pretending to be annoyed expecting him to apologize.

Nurain just smirked and ignored me, concentrating on driving because he knew I was dying to tell him whatever it was. The guy knew me like an open book, so annoying honestly🙄.

I couldn't keep it in any longer so I ignored the fact that he didn't apologize and turned to face him again.

" kasan meyafaru.." and his annoying snicker interrupted me and he laughed so hard I had to scold him to drive carefully, okay this time I got really pissed off and was not going to tell him for real and he knew that.

" sorry.. sorry I'm listening" he said finally stopping the annoying laughter.

So I told him about the guy from earlier in extra detail while he listened with an unbothered expression.

" so this new guy what's his name" he asked casually pulling up to the front of our house where he parked the car.

That was when it hit me, that in my attempt of forming big girl(😂) I forgot to ask him his name "oh ni.. I didn't ask him wallahi" I said as I smacked my forehead.

Nurain just smirked in amazement" so you've been yapping about a guy whose name you don't even know" he jested.

" I said I forgot" I said squeezing my face " but I'm sure he'll tell me since I gave him my number" I chattered smiling, I noticed nurain staring at me with a calculative gaze.

"what? " I asked getting nervous, and it was like he snapped out of it.

"n.. Nothing, nothing" he stuttered, " so you like the guy?" he enquired.

Do i like the guy? I'm pretty sure I don't like him, I mean I just met the guy today. " nah I'm pretty sure I don't like him, but uhm... I think he's attractive"

" ookayyy" he drawled with a sigh " I have to get going now" he added looking at me.

" toh naji I'm getting out of your car since you are chasing me away" I said pushing my mouth forward in a pout and nurain snickered.

" haba ni na isa, I can even leave the car for you and go back home on foot" and I bursted out laughing. We said our goodbyes and he waited for me to go into the house before driving off, it has always been that way.

Later that night after having dinner and family time I bid everyone goodnight and headed to my room, I picked up my phone and I had two missed calls from an unknown number, three from nurain.

I was about to call nurain when another call came in from the unknown number, I let it almost ring out before picking up the call. I had an inkling who it was but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

" hello is this Du'a?" a voice said after a few seconds, cause there's no way I'm talking first when the other person was the one who called.

" hi yeah it's Du'a" I knew immediately who it was but I still pretended " who am I speaking to please?"

I heard a deep chuckle, damn this guy's voice is to die for wallahi even over the phone.

" it's Abdul Malik, we met earlier" he answered, so his name is Abdul Malik, and the hot. gets. hotter! I was afraid his name was going to be something like iliya or tanko, that would've been a huge turnoff, no matter how perfect, if your name doesn't cut it I will simply vamoose, gosh I'm so crazy😂.

"oh okayy" I said drawing the okay.

" so how are you" he asked and we talked for a bit, well mostly him talking before I bid him good bye and retired to bed completely forgetting to call Nurain.

***********

Hey guys☺️! So here's an update, I've had serious writers block and I couldn't type a single letter but alhamdulillah we're back.

So don't forget the usual😂, vote, comment and share.