Chapter Seven

Well it was said that every good thing shall come to an end, and so here I was grudgingly packing up my bags to head back to school the next day. I chucked in a pair of pj's into my box giving myself a pep talk

  it's your second semester and you'll be in your third year and you'll be done with school very soon and...

  Okay enough of my crazy thoughts😂. This holiday had been very eventful thanks to the wedding and Abdul Malik, yeah you heard right🙃.

  Speaking of Abdul Malik my phone rang and it was him "Abdul" as I simply saved it, I let it almost ring out before picking up (class nawww, come on Jan aji😂).

  " hey babe" his deep voice rang immediately I picked up.

  " I told you to stop calling me babe, we're not dating" I sassed with an eye roll trying to hold back my smile.

  " then let's start dating, that simple" he replied casually as usual, it was always the same thing since the last two weeks we had been getting to know each other.

  Abdul Malik was a good looking guy, he seemed responsible and he was nice, but I wasn't just going in a relationship with just anyone yet, I had to know him first and see if we were compatible and I don't do casual dating, not my thing.

  " Abdul it's not that simple" I chuckled and I heard him sigh in distress, sorry dude but I'm not giving in that easily(hair flip) .

  " then tell me what to do, guide me Du'a how do I make you take me seriously," he whined, you would expect a guy whining as childish right? But it didn't sound irritating at all, I actually found it kinda.. Sexy... Ataghfirullah! What is wrong with you Du'a?! Ughhh.

  Imagine Mama hearing me saying stuff like that about a guy. Hehee... I would be six feet underground by now, saidai wata bani ba, gosh I can't even imagine!

  "are you there..? " his voice startled me out of my reverie he must have noticed the short silence .

  " Y.. Yeah sorry" I replied, he repeated the same question he asked before.

  So what do i tell this guy now please?!

  " come meet my Dad" my mouth blabbered without thinking it through and I slapped my hand on it immediately my eyes almost bulging out of their sockets, I now realized what I said, what have I just done? I thought it would put him off and it sounded so, so awesome in my head, but I regretted it immediately it came out of my mouth.

  What if he actually was serious and he came to see my Dad, my Dad would literally chain me to his leg for him to drag home.

  Okayy, I'm exaggerating but I knew the situation would get even more serious than it needs to be if Abba gets involved. I don't want to get married now.

  "what! for real?" he almost shouted and I could swear I heard him jump up to his feet excitedly, shknn Du'a you're toast! Game over, I almost started crying, this was a guy I knew barely two weeks ago.

  " send me your home address then, I would come meet him immediately" he said happily, whyyyy.

  I almost didn't know what to do and had almost lost hope when a super genius master plan popped in my head! I almost cackled evily like a super evil psycho villain😈.

  " that would be for you to find out, I can't just dash you my address" I said with an evil smirk. I was so sure that would put him off, but nope!

  "hmm Du'a kenan" Abdul laughed softly and I could sense the determination in his voice, almost as if he could read my mind and my intent.

  "you know I've already told Hajiya na samu Mata" he said.

  Subhanallah, I'm in hot soup!
************

" yeahhh, I just arrived in school, like literally right now" I answered with a sigh holding my phone in place with my shoulder and trying to hoist my luggage up the stairs, omg they are so heavy I feel like collapsing on the stairs and just wailing until someone brings help.

  I arrived at school after the treacherous journey from Abuja to Zaria, it would have been better if I wasn't sitting close to this annoying lady who kept stuffing her face with the most anoyying foods and talking non stop ughhh! That's why I hate public transport but then what can a girl do it's not everyday people at home have your time, you just have figure your life out. I just want to collapse on my bed and sleep my life away.

" that's it back to business, you almost forgot about school this holiday" Nurain chuckled.

"I know right, alot has happened" I heard some shuffling in the background. Apparently "chef Nurain" (note the sarcasm) was cooking a "feast" of indomie, Nurain never cooked unless he was really, really hungry and I mean really, that too when non of his sisters were at home.

" finish boiling your indomie Mr. Man I've got to go" I said pulling my box through the long corridor that led to my room passing by people going up and down doing one thing or the other, and waving at some familiar faces, oh university life!

" ouch Du'a wai boiling, you insult me" he gasped dramatically, I'm sure he has his hand on his chest in "hurt", drama queen!

  These are the kinds of stuff that when I tell people he's capable of doing, they never seem to believe me, he's such a silent killer.

  " I'm cooking the indomie not boiling it" kaman da gaske, I'm sure he's just adding two packs of the noodles to a pot of boiling water, adding the seasonings, letting it get soggy and then eating it on the kitchen counter but whatever, what do i know😏? .

  I got off the phone and knocked on the door before opening it, yep just as I left it, with my crazy roommates who always resumed earlier than me going about their business as usual.

  Hanan was on her bed with her headphones plugged to her laptop I'm sure watching a movie.

  Maryam was sprawled on the floor eating Indomie noodles in front of a camping gas, it seems like she was so hungry she dug in immediately the pot got off the heat.

  "Du'aaaaa! " habeeba squeeled flinging the book she was reading and drawing the others' attention towards the door where I was standing, crazy girl!

  Before I knew it we found ourselves sprawled on the floor as a result of the bear hug they tackled me in. The amazing thing was Habeeba was actually on the top bunk, how the HELL did she get down so fast!?

  I was giggling and gasping for air at the same time " you guyyyys zan mutu" I croaked out and coughed sounding a little bit like an overdramatic choking fish🤣.

*********
Hey guys, I can see this book is slowly getting some views and I love that and I want to say thank you😘💞.

So I noticed there is not a single comment on any chapter of this story. you know I enjoy writing this book alot and I love it😌.

But I can't help feeling like it's not a good book because of the lack of comments and votes, is the book not interesting? Am I going about it wrong?

Please comment and vote so I can know you're enjoying the story😊.

Honestly, I need an opinion about this piece. And please if you find the story worth it, share it with all your friends, you know it will help motivate me alot.

Byeee❤️.